Array
(
    [content] => 
    [params] => Array
        (
            [0] => /forum/index.php?threads/there-are-more-than-1160-earthquakes-happened-in-taiwan-in-april.20090/
        )

[addOns] => Array
        (
            [DL6/MLTP] => 13
            [Hampel/TimeZoneDebug] => 1000070
            [SV/ChangePostDate] => 2010200
            [SemiWiki/Newsletter] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/WPMenu] => 1000010
            [SemiWiki/XPressExtend] => 1000010
            [ThemeHouse/XLink] => 1000970
            [ThemeHouse/XPress] => 1010570
            [XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

There are more than 1160 earthquakes happened in Taiwan in April

hskuo

There were two M6 scale earthquakes this early morning in Taiwan and there are more than 1160 earthquakes up to now in April. I would Kudos to all engineers work in Semi fabs in Taiwan.
1713829660540.png

It is amazing to me the world has gone a couple decades accepting supply chain risk that they have.

The likelihood of a magnitude 7+ on the West side of the island in Hsinchu, Taichung, or Tainan taking down the electrical or water as well as the fabs for weeks if not months has existed for decades.

Funny it is the CCP versus the West and COVID that got the world to wake ups.

Amazed Apple didn’t force a supply chain risk mitigation related to Taiwan far earlier. Their risk with Foxconn and China is an order of magnitude or more less than their single point of fail in Taiwan with TSMC.

Also amazing TSMC has no business continuity strategy ahead of the current situation

It is amazing to me the world has gone a couple decades accepting supply chain risk that they have.

The likelihood of a magnitude 7+ on the West side of the island in Hsinchu, Taichung, or Tainan taking down the electrical or water as well as the fag has existed for decades.

Funny it is the CCP versus the West and COVID that got the world to wake ups.

Amazed Apple didn’t force a supply chain risk mitigation related to Taiwan far earlier
All is due to cost. Will they pay 20-30% more to mitigate risk which might happen ~20-50 years cadence? Most of people worry about next year or the most in 5 years. 20-50 years are too long away.

Back