[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by Mooredaddy

1. M

TSMC's New N4C

Off topic but will we be getting a tech symposium write up on the site at some point?
  2. M

China Taking Taiwan, Fear Mongers Rule

wish there was a downvote button.....
  3. M

The poll defines as 34 and under. 83% see themselves as solely Taiwanese. And yes on the second point. A generation has grown up expecting a certain standard of living in China. They care more about their own lives than some grand national project that the CCP likes to portray.
  4. M

Young Taiwanese see themselves at distinctly Taiwanese and not Chinese. It’s up to them to decide, not what others think of a perceived “brotherhood of Han”...
  5. M

Intel first quarter 2024 earnings of

In-line with muted guidance. Putting in your slide deck that you’ve “engaged with almost foundry customers” is kind of a rough flex. No reason to get excited until 2030 it seems. Another thing I noted when going through financial statements. TSMC has $11 billion more USD in straight cash than...
  6. M

TSMC says 'A16' chipmaking tech to arrive in 2026, setting up showdown with Intel

I guess the read through for this is that N2 derived processes must be promising (i.e N2P, N2X) to make N2 jump worth it. SPR is what TSMC is calling BPD right? Also N2P and N2X are using BPD right?
  7. M

Billions not trillions. And well worth it. The yearly budget for military is 900 billion. We are spending a fraction of that to cripple Russia's military without spending any American lives. Russia is openly allied to China and other malign actors (i.e Iran, North Korea) with the express purpose...
  8. M

Don't be so sure. Taiwan only has a couple landing spots that are very fortified and the rest of the island is flanked by mountains. Also, an invasion force would be seen to be building up for over a year for a job of that size. I reckon it would be a massacre to attempt and invasion against a...
  9. M

TSMC says 'A16' chipmaking tech to arrive in 2026, setting up showdown with Intel

Dan’s the man!! How’s first gen GAA yielding on N2? PDK coming along nicely? Density still as anemic as first reported?
  10. M

Timing for TSMC Wafer Orders

I was pretty shocked and disappointed by this. I know TSMC harps on “pricing strategically” but it really feels like they aren’t extracting their pound of flesh like they should from their leadership. They surely know better then all of us, especially me, but it is concerning they didn’t price...
  11. M

Intel is industry’s first mover on High NA EUV lithography system.

Intel seems to be positioning this to make it seem like having High NA EUV is going to catapult them to the front of tech leadership. Narrative may work on the unsophisticated...
  12. M

TSMC Q1 2024 Discussion

it's so infuriating. TSM trades like a vastly inferior company for no reason. It gets kneecapped on the way up and down. I really cannot see the logic in its price action. Does anyone really think TSM should trade at a P/E below the semi space average? A P/E in the 20's is insanity and the...
  13. M

TSMC Q1 2024 Discussion

Stock is down 6%. I've never seen a stock for such a good company trade as irrationally as TSM does. It really makes no sense
Back