[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by MKWVentures

1. M

Apple introduces M4 chip

meteor lake is below 40TOPS today. It doesn't meet Microsoft's definition of an AI processor. Lunar Lake will be great..... not so sure on Arrow lake. Wait and see.
  2. M

TSMC’s Advanced Packaging Capacity is fully booked for next two years by Nvidia and AMD

I think the difference is that lots of companies assemble heterogeneous chips. ASE, Amkor, etc can do those. I have worked on those for a few companies. The only thing TSMC is a leader in is high performance CoWoS..... even then you can get similar options at OSATS.... So maybe people are...
  3. M

TSMC’s Advanced Packaging Capacity is fully booked for next two years by Nvidia and AMD

@Daniel Nenni Who might want to use TSMC CoWoS Advanced packaging with other foundry die (Side note: CoWoS assembles packages from other companies).
  4. M

Sam Altman says helpful agents are poised to become AI’s killer function

“What you really want,” he told MIT Technology Review, “is just this thing that is off helping you.” No. I don't.
  5. M

Japan's Rapidus fab to compete with TSMC, Samsung for 2nm chips

This will become more interesting when they have a actual Fab (they do not have one, correct) and a process running somewhere (I don't believe there is a process running anywhere today). then they can talk about renewable energy, Single wafer lots, and no water use. I believe the pilot fab is...
  6. M

U.S. ramps up chip production efforts with taxpayers footing part of the bill - Is it worth it?

agreed. But actually a lot of this issue had nothing to do with incentive subsidies. Building infrastructure and timing is always a hard part of any development. and every public work project is a study in inefficiency and cronyism. If you build all the infrastructure before the plant is...
  7. M

U.S. ramps up chip production efforts with taxpayers footing part of the bill - Is it worth it?

I have worked on these agreement details in the past. they have standard requirements. 1) Limit on % subsidy is what ever is negotiated. 25-45% of Capex is typical for most countries. There is no limit. If you do 60%, every company on earth will build in your state. Companies have financial...
  8. M

Luckily Semi fabs are much better for air quality today than 90% of industries. I have heard stories about Intel fab 1,3,4 that are wild .... those days are over.. The Intel Ocotillo site air quality is 100 times better since Intel built and expanded fabs there (It was intolerable before Intel...
  9. M

Apple's iPhone factory shift has left a ghost town behind in China

As much as I love political, sociology, and economic commentary on this site. Can I get some help on facts? This plant is shutting down I guess. Is the production moving to another Foxconn site? In China? or another company. or another country. I saw recent Apple supply chain numbers by...
  10. M

Is it worth it? YES It is not just for national security. Semiconductor Fabs are amazing economy boosts, high paying job boosts and the impact lasts a long time. It is the best thing you can do for the people in the US. Having Global, Intel, TSMC, Samsung, Micron all getting money will have a...
  11. M

Huawei-led Chinese firms aim to make advanced memory chips by 2026

The could make the die at CXMT and assemble at PTI or ASE. Both have TSV systems. Huawei doesnt make chips. So what technology used for memory is Huawei or subs barred from?
  12. M

TSMC's New N4C

Makes more sense than previous reports.
  13. M

Where is all the power going to come from for AI/ML

What percentage of the worlds energy is used by AI datacenters? Is overall electricity usage going up a lot in the last 10 years? What % capacity are large power plants running at today? I believe there is 20% more usage in July and August since most electricity use is heating and cooling What...
  14. M

Nvidia employees say CEO Jensen Huang is 'not easy to work for.' He says that's how it should be.

I was visiting Nvidia with a investor client one time and after meeting with Colette (great CFO) and team (Jensen popped in to say hi), I told my client details why Nvidia is successful and the best run company in tech. Its like Intel when Grove was CEO. Work very hard. Deliver results. Maybe...
  15. M

Nvidia employees say CEO Jensen Huang is 'not easy to work for.' He says that's how it should be.

Successful company leaders are demanding. Successful companies have a demanding culture. Successful teams have demanding coaches. Successful individuals are demanding of themselves and others. If you want leaders who are not constantly pushing for success and are easy to work for, I can name...
Back