[XF] => 2021370
            [XFI] => 1050270
        )

[wordpress] => /var/www/html
)

Recent content by mattyenright

1. M

What technologies will replace shrink?

Nothing will replace the previous transistor growth that we once enjoyed that is associated with the term of moors law. Instead we will witness incremental improvements in transistor architecture (CFET, VFET), design technology co-optimisation (buried power rails, super bias, back of the line...
  2. M

EUV mask absorber issue

Using extreme ultra violent lithography (EUV-L) within semiconductor manufacturing is reminiscent to a continuous game of Whac-A-Mole given that whenever an issue is resolved a new one pops up.
  3. M

Alternatives to Shrink for Performance?

I agree with your assessment. The power and heat issue will definitely become the core concern for further scaling. I still firmly believe the industry will eventually adopt measures to address these issues. For instance mitigating to more exotic transistor designs such as Tunnelling...
  4. M

I personally don’t anticipate commercially viable high density logic on logic transistors for another fifteen to twenty years based heavily on the reasons you have specified. The vertically integration I referenced in my prior comment is more associated with changing the transistor structure...
  5. M

Personally, I would argue that Vertical integration will be the next major avenue to further increase transistor density over the forthcoming decades. This method nonetheless has enormous difficulties that will require a complete alteration in manufacturing process and techniques involving...
  6. M

Apple's new iPhone chip has us worried about TSMC's 3nm silicon and next-gen GPUs

I thought that TSMC previously indicated that N3E would contain lower density when compared to the N3 node. As based on my prior understanding N3E was exclusively designed for facilitating the availability of a more commercially viable node.
  7. M

Apple's new iPhone chip has us worried about TSMC's 3nm silicon and next-gen GPUs

We don't really know the die size of the A17, therefore it's hard to make a proper estimate of its density in comparison to prior nodes. Nonetheless, it's clear that transistor density is dramatically slowing down. So, it would not be surprising.
Back