[cat_name] => NetSpeed Systems
    [category_nicename] => netspeed-systems
    [category_parent] => 14433
    [is_post] => 
)

Qualcomm Intel Facebook and Semiconductor IP

Qualcomm Intel Facebook and Semiconductor IP
by Daniel Nenni on 03-20-2019 at 12:00 am

What does Qualcomm, Intel, and Facebook have in common? Well, for one thing they all bought network onchip communications (NoC) IP companies. As I have mentioned before, semiconductor IP is the foundation of the fabless semiconductor ecosystem and I believe this trend of acquisitions will continue. So, if you are going to start… Read More

Webinar: NetSpeed is about to change the way SOCs are designed

Webinar: NetSpeed is about to change the way SOCs are designed
by Tom Simon on 08-20-2018 at 12:00 pm

A large part of the effort in designing SOCs has shifted to the integration of their constituent IP blocks. Many IP blocks used in SOCs come as ready to use components and the real work has become making them work together. Network on Chip (NoC) has been a huge help in this task, handling the interconnections between blocks and planning… Read More

Netspeed and NSITEXE talk about automotive design trends at 55DAC

Netspeed and NSITEXE talk about automotive design trends at 55DAC
by Tom Simon on 08-02-2018 at 12:00 pm

DAC is where both sides of the design equation come together for discussion and learning. This is what makes attending DAC discussion panels so interesting; you are going to hear from providers of tools, methodologies and IP as well as those who need to use them to deliver working solutions. There are few places where the interplay… Read More

Maximize Bandwidth in your Massively Parallel AI SoCs?

Maximize Bandwidth in your Massively Parallel AI SoCs?
by Daniel Nenni on 07-20-2018 at 12:00 pm

Artificial Intelligence is one of the most talked about topics on the conference circuit this year and I don’t expect that to change anytime soon. AI is also one of the trending topics on SemiWiki with organic search bringing us a wealth of new viewers. You may also have noticed that AI is a hot topic for webinars like the one I am writing… Read More

Leveraging AI to help build AI SOCs

Leveraging AI to help build AI SOCs
by Tom Simon on 06-25-2018 at 12:00 pm

When I first started working in the semiconductor industry back in 1982, I realized that there was a race going on between the complexity of the system being designed and the capabilities of the technology in the tools and systems used to design them. The technology used to design the next generation of hardware was always lagging… Read More

Artificial Intelligence calls for Smart Interconnect

Artificial Intelligence calls for Smart Interconnect
by Tom Simon on 04-18-2018 at 7:00 am

Artificial Intelligence based systems are driving a metamorphosis in computing, and consequently precipitating a large shift in SOC design. AI training is often done in the cloud and has requirements for handling huge amounts of data with forward and backward data connections. Inference usually occurs at the edge and must be… Read More

AI-Leader Horizon Robotics Selects NetSpeed AI-based NoC IP For Next Generation Designs

AI-Leader Horizon Robotics Selects NetSpeed AI-based NoC IP For Next Generation Designs
by Mitch Heins on 02-05-2018 at 7:00 am

If you haven’t noticed, there has been a BIG influx of money into Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies. Most recently, the Chinese government announced that AI is one of their top initiatives with a goal to catch up with the United States within 3 years and to be the world leader in AI by the year 2030. Horizon Robotics, founded… Read More

Software Defined Networks (on Chip) – NetSpeed Systems and UltraSoC Team Up to Use Embedded Analytics to Enable Next Generation SoCs

Software Defined Networks (on Chip) – NetSpeed Systems and UltraSoC Team Up to Use Embedded Analytics to Enable Next Generation SoCs
by Mitch Heins on 10-28-2017 at 7:00 am

NetSpeed Systems is known for their network-on-chip (NoC) IP that enables complex heterogeneous SoC architectures. NetSpeed IP supports both non-coherent and coherent memory and I/O schemes as well as configurable, customized last level cache optimization through their Orion, Gemini and Pegasus IP respectively. They are… Read More

AI Based Software Designing AI Based Hardware – Autonomous Automotive SoC Platform

AI Based Software Designing AI Based Hardware – Autonomous Automotive SoC Platform
by Mitch Heins on 10-10-2017 at 12:00 pm

For those of you who missed the NetSpeed Systems, Imagination Technologies webinar, “Alexa, can you help me build a better SoC”, you’ll be happy to hear that the session was recorded and can still be viewed (see link at the bottom of this page). I’ll warn you now however, that this was a high-bandwidth session packed with information,… Read More

Webinar Preview: Alexa, can you help me build a better SoC?

Webinar Preview: Alexa, can you help me build a better SoC?
by Mitch Heins on 09-13-2017 at 7:00 am

Nothing is pushing complexity in system-on-chips (SoCs) designs like the drive (no pun intended) to make autonomous vehicles a widespread reality. Autonomous vehicle systems require heterogeneous architectures with reliable, efficient communications between CPU clusters, vision processing accelerators, storage and… Read More