[cat_name] => CASPA
    [category_nicename] => caspa
    [category_parent] => 386
    [is_post] => 
)

A Preview of Spring Symposium on AIoT

A Preview of Spring Symposium on AIoT
by Alex Tan on 03-05-2019 at 12:00 pm

i9c4a46NzX1IA6hou1i sXafli6HRPz 1aOtGadiEwEVJnwLyUEU 1n3 SNddZusG6T3AgCh4wTmcjTrR4h9yz2TcMEXPCFi4pleiE7s7wipPwRVDAWvo3Plz3WQkn 0dk9nVqQ6

The trend of AI augmentation into many facets of silicon based hardware applications is on the rise. During the CASPA press conference in Santa Clara last week, Silvaco CEO David Dutton and SiFive VP, GM Christopher Moezzi were present to share their insights.

Silvaco CEO David Dutton mentioned that we are in new era in which manyRead More

FPGA, Data and CASPA: Spring into AI (2 of 2)

FPGA, Data and CASPA: Spring into AI (2 of 2)
by Alex Tan on 03-23-2018 at 12:00 pm

Adding color to the talks, Dr. Jeff Welser, VP and IBM Almaden Research Lab Director showed how AI and recent computing resources could be harnessed to contain data explosion. Unstructured data growth by 2020 would be in the order of 50 Zetta-bytes (with 21 zeros). One example, the Summit supercomputer developed by IBM for use at… Read More

Dinner with the Man who is Reshaping the Semiconductor Industry!

Dinner with the Man who is Reshaping the Semiconductor Industry!
by Daniel Nenni on 10-07-2015 at 4:00 pm

The recent mega acquisition of Broadcom Corp by Avago can be traced all the way back to Silicon Valley stalwart Hewlett Packard (founded in a two car Palo Alto garage in 1939). Even more interesting is the man behind the acquisition and how he got to where he is today.Avago began as the semiconductor products division of HP in 1961, … Read More

CASPA, ARM and the Internet of Things

CASPA, ARM and the Internet of Things
by Paul McLellan on 10-12-2014 at 7:01 am

Today I was at the Chinese-American Semiconductor Professionals’ Association conference and dinner. Simon Segars, CEO of ARM, gave the dinner keynote. Somewhat surreally, it was in the same room in the same conference center two weeks ago that he gave they keynote at ARM TechCon. In another coincidence, Mike Muller of … Read More

iPhone or Wallet – Which one do you go back for?

iPhone or Wallet – Which one do you go back for?
by Daniel Nenni on 10-08-2014 at 7:00 am

As a professional conference attendee I see a direct correlation between the number of people attending and the quality of the keynotes. Let’s face it, it’s all about the keynotes so you had better get some big names if you want more than your friends and family to show up. In this regards the upcoming CASPA event will probably be one… Read More

The Internet of Things @ SEMICON West 2014!

The Internet of Things @ SEMICON West 2014!
by Daniel Nenni on 07-09-2014 at 9:00 am

Clearly I’m a fan of IoT in regards to the future of the fabless semiconductor industry. The fabless semiconductor transformation unleashed all sorts of innovation giving us the SoC and the life changing mobile devices SoCs enable. Unfortunately modern SoC design is expensive and raising capital for semiconductor start-ups… Read More