[cat_ID] => 82
    [category_count] => 42
    [category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => Coventor
    [category_nicename] => coventor
    [category_parent] => 14433
    [is_post] => 
)

IMEC Technology Forum at SEMICON – Coventor could save you billions!

IMEC Technology Forum at SEMICON – Coventor could save you billions!
by Scotten Jones on 07-22-2016 at 7:00 am

The development of leading edge semiconductor technology is incredibly expensive, with estimates ranging from a few to several billion dollars for new nodes. The time to develop a leading edge process is also a critical competitive issue with some of the largest opportunities awarded based on who is first to yield on a new node.… Read More

Coventor ASML IMEC: The last half nanometer

Coventor ASML IMEC: The last half nanometer
by Scotten Jones on 01-19-2016 at 4:00 pm

On Tuesday evening December 8[SUP]th[/SUP] at IEDM, Coventor held a panel discussion entitled the “The last half nanometer”. Coventor is a leading provider of simulation software used to design processes. This is my third year attending the Coventor panel discussion at IEDM and they are always excellent with very strong panels… Read More

Coventor prepping MEMS for CMOS integration

Coventor prepping MEMS for CMOS integration
by Don Dingee on 10-07-2015 at 12:00 pm

About 11 months ago, I wrote a piece titled “Money for data and your MEMS for free.” In that, I took on the thinking that TSMC is just going to ride into town, fab trillions of IoT sensors, and they all will be 2.6 cents ten years from now. Good headline, but the technology and economics are not that simple. This may be the semiconductor … Read More

The Internet of Sensors

The Internet of Sensors
by Paul McLellan on 09-17-2015 at 7:00 am

The internet of things (IoT) has a number of key attributes: low power, security, connectivity. But almost every IoT application involves sensors of one sort or another. The visual sensors are built using CCD arrays, they are basically low-resolution cameras, but the mechanical ones are typically built using MEMS technology.… Read More

Acoustic Resonators for RF: MEMS with No Moving Parts

Acoustic Resonators for RF: MEMS with No Moving Parts
by Paul McLellan on 08-05-2015 at 7:00 am

There is an annual conference known officially as the Sensors and Actuators Workshopand informally as Hilton Head since it is held on Hilton Head island in South Carolina. Coventor talked to some of the top researchers last year about RF filters and decided to develop a simulation solution that would better serve both the researchers… Read More

Coventor SEMulator3D, Now With Added Dopant, Diffusion, Illumination and More

Coventor SEMulator3D, Now With Added Dopant, Diffusion, Illumination and More
by Paul McLellan on 07-16-2015 at 7:00 am

Coventor just rolled out the latest version of SEMulator3D, their virtual fabrication tool. Very conveniently it is SEMICON West this week and they have a booth. I dropped by and got a demo from David Fried, Coventor’s CTO about all the new stuff. He’s very proud of SEMulator3D’s new logo but mostly he is proud… Read More

SEMulator3D on Silicon Cloud International

SEMulator3D on Silicon Cloud International
by Paul McLellan on 06-22-2015 at 7:00 am

Almost exactly a year ago I wrote about Silicon Cloud International (SCI). Their mission is to help smaller countries that have targeted semiconductor design as a way to move up the technology ladder from low-cost manufacturing. Last year everything was in the future but SCI now have their first two centers up and running. The first,… Read More

SITRI and Coventor Partner to Scale Up MEMS in China

SITRI and Coventor Partner to Scale Up MEMS in China
by Pawan Fangaria on 05-28-2015 at 12:00 pm

When it comes to wearable technology and the rapidly emerging world of IoT, sensors and MEMS are on the frontlines. They collect and transfer raw data such as pressure, temperature and motion and process it with algorithms critical to making sure the right information gets to humans and/or machines so the right reaction is enabled.… Read More

How Microtechnology Will Change Just About Everything

How Microtechnology Will Change Just About Everything
by Tom Simon on 05-20-2015 at 1:00 pm

When I hear the term micro-technology my first thought is of accelerometers and gyroscopes. However as I’ll explain shortly, micro technology is being applied to a lot more than smartphones and quadcopters. The fruits of development in this area will affect industry, medical, energy, transportation and many other sectors. … Read More

PDK Generation Needs Paradigm Shift

PDK Generation Needs Paradigm Shift
by Pawan Fangaria on 04-28-2015 at 4:00 pm

For any semiconductor technology node to be adopted in actual semiconductor designs, the very first step is to have a Process Design Kit (PDK) developed for that particular technology node and qualified through several design tools used in the design flow. The development of PDK has not been easy; it’s a tedious, time consuming,… Read More