[cat_name] => Imagination Technologies
    [category_nicename] => imagination-technologies
    [category_parent] => 14433
    [is_post] => 
)

Worldwide Design IP Revenue Grew 12.4% in 2017

Worldwide Design IP Revenue Grew 12.4% in 2017
by Daniel Nenni on 05-11-2018 at 7:00 am

When starting SemiWiki we focused on three market segments: EDA, IP, and the Foundries. Founding SemiWiki bloggers Daniel Payne and Paul McLellan were popular EDA bloggers with their own sites and I blogged about the foundries so we were able to combine our blogs and hit the ground running. For IP I recruited Dr. Eric Esteve who had… Read More

AI Based Software Designing AI Based Hardware – Autonomous Automotive SoC Platform

AI Based Software Designing AI Based Hardware – Autonomous Automotive SoC Platform
by Mitch Heins on 10-10-2017 at 12:00 pm

For those of you who missed the NetSpeed Systems, Imagination Technologies webinar, “Alexa, can you help me build a better SoC”, you’ll be happy to hear that the session was recorded and can still be viewed (see link at the bottom of this page). I’ll warn you now however, that this was a high-bandwidth session packed with information,… Read More

Webinar Preview: Alexa, can you help me build a better SoC?

Webinar Preview: Alexa, can you help me build a better SoC?
by Mitch Heins on 09-13-2017 at 7:00 am

Nothing is pushing complexity in system-on-chips (SoCs) designs like the drive (no pun intended) to make autonomous vehicles a widespread reality. Autonomous vehicle systems require heterogeneous architectures with reliable, efficient communications between CPU clusters, vision processing accelerators, storage and… Read More

Applying ISO 26262 in a Fabless Ecosystem – DAC Panel Discussion

Applying ISO 26262 in a Fabless Ecosystem – DAC Panel Discussion
by Tom Simon on 07-18-2017 at 12:00 pm

The fabless movement was instrumental in disaggregating the semiconductor industry. Vertical product development at the chip and system level has given way to a horizontal structure over the years. This organization of product development has been doing an admirable job of delivering extremely reliable products. However… Read More

MIPS CPU and Newton2 Platform for Wearables

MIPS CPU and Newton2 Platform for Wearables
by Eric Esteve on 11-19-2014 at 11:00 am

I have written recently about SmarCoT (Smart Connected Thing) and smartwatches are one of these numerous smart and connected applications that some still refer to as IoT. Imagination Technologies is working hard to be part of the SmarCoT ecosystem and Ingenic, IMG customer, has recently launched a MIPS-based chip (M200) and … Read More

What Presentations to Attend During IP-SoC 2014 ?

What Presentations to Attend During IP-SoC 2014 ?
by Eric Esteve on 11-01-2014 at 11:00 am

Will you go to Grenoble next week to attend to IP-SoC? I will do it and will certainly listen to these Keynote Talks:

Read More

GPU Benchmarks? Try to See the Complete Picture…

GPU Benchmarks? Try to See the Complete Picture…
by Eric Esteve on 10-15-2014 at 3:29 am

We all know benchmarks, but do we really understand benchmark results? Benchmark users should always look beyond the simple score when making in-depth technical analysis and request to see all the facts. There are many graphics benchmarks to choose from but let’s name today these three below:

3DMark Ice Stormfrom Futuremark… Read More

MIPS 64 bit CPU Architecture

MIPS 64 bit CPU Architecture
by Eric Esteve on 09-02-2014 at 4:47 am

Imagination Technologies has just launched the 5[SUP]th[/SUP] generation of MIPS CPU core, the 64-bits Warrior, or I6400 family, offering a total compatibility with the 32-bit previous architecture. MIPS Warrior I-class processor cores offers 64-bit processing in applications including embedded, mobile, digital consumer,… Read More

Enable a new generation of connected devices?

Enable a new generation of connected devices?
by Eric Esteve on 08-19-2014 at 4:08 am

Imagination Technologies has designed a complete environment to address the needs of emerging IoT and other connected devices, FlowCloud. The technology has been engineered by Imagination to optimize device to cloud connectivity for embedded applications. FlowCloud is a cloud based application independent development… Read More

How Much Power to Allocate to IoT Connectivity?

How Much Power to Allocate to IoT Connectivity?
by Eric Esteve on 07-31-2014 at 8:28 am

Ensigma is in fact the low-power radio processing unit (RPU) architecture, completing Imagination Technologies (IMG) port-folio, the well-known graphic processing unit (GPU) PowerVR family and MIPS CPU core products. If we take a look at the block diagram “Ensigma Series4 Explorer RPU”, we can easily identifies the Radio … Read More