[category_nicename] => solido
    [category_parent] => 157
    [is_post] => 
)

Data Security – Why It Might Matter to Design and EDA

Data Security – Why It Might Matter to Design and EDA
by Alex Tan on 02-14-2018 at 12:00 pm

According to the Economist,
The world’s most valuable resource is no longer oil, but data”.
Is this the case?Data is the by-product ofmany aspects of recent technology dynamics and is becoming the currency of today’s digital economy. All categories in Gartner’s Top10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2018 (FigureRead More

Mentor FINALLY Acquires Solido Design

Mentor FINALLY Acquires Solido Design
by Daniel Nenni on 11-20-2017 at 5:00 pm

I say finally because it was a long time coming… almost ten years to be exact. I started doing business development work for both Solido and Berkeley Design Automation about ten years ago and have been trying to put them together ever since. The synergy was obvious, like peanut butter and jelly. In fact, this is my third time … Read More

TSMC EDA 2.0 With Machine Learning: Are We There Yet ?

TSMC EDA 2.0 With Machine Learning: Are We There Yet ?
by Alex Tan on 11-06-2017 at 7:00 am

Recently we have been swamped by news of Artificial Intelligence applications in hardware and software by the increased adoption of Machine Learning (ML) and the shift of electronic industry towards IoT and automobiles. While plenty of discussions have covered the progress of embedded intelligence in product roll-outs, anRead More

A better way to combine PVT and Monte Carlo to improve yield

A better way to combine PVT and Monte Carlo to improve yield
by Tom Simon on 10-11-2017 at 12:00 pm

TSMC held its Open Innovation Platform Forum the other week on September 13[SUP]th[/SUP]. Each year the companies that exhibit at this event choose to highlight their latest technology. One of the most interesting presentations that I received during the event was from Solido. In recent years they have produced a number of groundbreaking… Read More

Solido Debuts New ML Tool at TSMC OIP!

Solido Debuts New ML Tool at TSMC OIP!
by Daniel Nenni on 09-08-2017 at 7:00 am

The TSMC OIP Ecosystem Forum is upon us and what better place to debut a new tool to prevent silicon failures. Solido Design Automation just launched its latest tool – PVTMC Verifier – and will be demonstrating it in their booth at OIP. This is the third product that was developed within its Machine Learning Labs and is… Read More

EDA Machine Learning from the Experts!

EDA Machine Learning from the Experts!
by Daniel Nenni on 08-16-2017 at 7:00 am

Traditionally, EDA has been a brute force methodology where we buy more software licenses and more CPUs and keep running endless jobs to keep up with the increasing design and process complexities. SPICE simulation for example; when I meet chip designers (which I do quite frequently) I ask them how many simulations they do for a … Read More

Machine Learning in EDA Flows – Solido DAC Panel

Machine Learning in EDA Flows – Solido DAC Panel
by Tom Simon on 07-12-2017 at 12:00 pm

At DAC this year you could learn a lot about hardware design for AI or Machine Learning (ML) applications. We are all familiar with the massively parallel hardware being developed for autonomous vehicles, cloud computing, search engines and the like. This includes, for instance, hardware from Nvidia and others that enable ML … Read More

The Official SemiWiki #54DAC Party Guide!

The Official SemiWiki #54DAC Party Guide!
by Daniel Nenni on 06-13-2017 at 12:00 pm

With the premier conference for semiconductor design enablement just around the corner I would like to take this time and space to talk about what is really happening at the #54DAC and that would be the parties! Granted the DAC parties are nothing like we used to have in the 1980s and the 1990s since we have matured as an industry but … Read More

EDA Powered by Machine Learning panel, 1-on-1 demos, and more!

EDA Powered by Machine Learning panel, 1-on-1 demos, and more!
by Daniel Nenni on 06-07-2017 at 12:00 pm

DAC is upon us again! The Design Automation Conference holds special meaning to me as it was the first technical conference I attended as a semiconductor professional, or professional anything for that matter. That was 33 years ago and I have not missed one since. This year my wife and I both will be walking the DAC floor and it would… Read More

We Need Libraries – Lots of Libraries

We Need Libraries – Lots of Libraries
by Tom Simon on 05-08-2017 at 12:00 pm

It was inevitable that machine learning (ML) would come to EDA. In fact, it has already been here a while in Solido’s variation tools. Now it has found an even more compelling application – library characterization. Just as ML has radically transformed other computational arenas; it looks like it will be extremely disruptive here… Read More