You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts (Front Page) RSS Feed

by Published on 12-15-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Moortec
    Article: A Brief History of the Fabless Semiconductor Ecosystem-moortec-min.jpg

In a former life I was the GM of a business where we built specialized structures used for semiconductor process bring-up, characterization and monitoring. These monitoring structures were placed in wafer scribe-lines and were used to monitor key parameters during wafer processing. The structures provided ...
    by Published on 12-15-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. RISC-V
    Article: FinFET Modeling and Extraction at 16-nm-1.jpg

Starting a career in static timing analysis domain, and now actively working on an opensource implementation flow of RISC-V architecture, has been a journey. For last couple of months, I guess from around March this year, I was hooked to RISC-V buzz which was all over my Linkedin, my messages.

Being an STA and Physical design engineer, it was very ...
    by Published on 12-14-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Magwel
    Article: A Comparison of SemiWiki and DeepChip-parasitic-bjt-nmos-min.jpg

Terms like avalanche breakdown and impact ionization sound like they come from the world of science fiction. They do indeed come from a high stakes world, but one that plays out over and over again here and now, on a microscopic scale in semiconductor devices – namely as part of electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Semiconductor devices are highly vulnerable to the high voltage spikes that commonly occur when triboelectric ...
    by Published on 12-14-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Synopsys
    Article: A Comparison of SemiWiki and DeepChip-shift-left-verification-min.jpg

Unless you have been living in a cave for the last several years, by now you know that “Shift Left” is a big priority in product design and delivery, and particularly in verification. Within the semiconductor industry I believe Intel coined this term as early as 2002, though ...
    by Published on 12-13-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Synopsys
    What Keeps the executives of Semiconductor awake at night?-complete-set-dsp-features-min.jpg

Synopsys DesignWare ARC HS4xD family is a perfect example of high performance DSP, enhanced RISC CPU IP core, able to address high-end IoT, mid to high-end audio or baseband control. ARC HS4xD architecture is 10-stage pipeline for high Fmax, resulting in excellent RISC efficiency with 5.2 CoreMark per MHz. ARC EMxD processors are offering lowest ...
    by Published on 12-13-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. CEVA,
    4. Events
    Post Fabless Era - Fabless and Backend Design Less Companies-adas-real-time-vision-processing.jpg

ADAS is in many ways the epicenter of directions in the driverless car (or bus or truck). Short of actually running the car hands-free through a whole trip, ADAS has now advanced beyond mere warnings to providing some level of steering and braking control (in both cases for collision avoidance), providing more adaptive cruise control, adapting ...
    by Published on 12-12-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Synopsys,
    4. Synopsys
    Article: Subsystem IP, myth or reality?-snps-sb-min.jpg

I recently wrote an article about Synopsys’ DesignWare Security IP for the Internet-of-Things market and was interested to see that a startup, Starblaze Technology, has now used parts of the same IP in its latest Solid-State Drive (SSD) controller. The security IP caught ...
    by Published on 12-12-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. ANSYS, Inc.,
    4. Automotive
    Article: FinFET Modeling and Extraction at 16-nm-noise-min.jpeg

Automotive applications are one of the hottest domains today in semiconductor design. We’re bombarded daily with articles on new hybrids, electric cars, ADAS and autonomous cars, trucks and busses. All of these applications are certainly amazing, but the ...
    by Published on 12-11-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. Security
    Article: FinFET Modeling and Extraction at 16-nm-snps_security_ip-min.jpg

As the internet of things (IoT) continues its climb to a trillion devices, there has been many articles and books written on the need for securing those devices. With all the IoT gear that I seem to be picking up as Christmas presents, I feel like I’m doing my part to help the market get there, but I have to say, ...
    by Published on 12-11-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. FPGA
    Article: Double Patterning Tutorial-exostiv-ultrascale.jpg

Productivity is notoriously hard to sell. I recently visited a company where the engineering team wanted to evaluate one of our FPGA debug and analysis products on an existing board. This board had an FPGA that we supported and had all the required connectivity - it could just be used ‘out of the box’. Our tool - Exostiv - involves the insertion of a debug IP in the FPGA. We offered to set up the tool with the ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7