You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 11-12-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. IoT Internet of Things,
    4. Intrinsic ID
    computer power growth-instrinsic-id.jpg

Unique device identities are at the core of all computer security systems. Just as important is that each unique identity cannot be copied, because once copied they can be used illegitimately. Unique device IDs are used to ensure ...
    by Published on 11-12-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Intel
    Article: Building Energy-Efficient ICs from the Ground Up-intel-diversity-2018.jpg

Growing up in a military family, mostly in California, I would consider my cultural diversity life experience to be more than most. I remember in the 1960s some older folks were chattering about a colored family moving into our neighborhood and they had a son my age. ...
    by Published on 11-11-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    computer power growth-google-scare.jpg

Google says it wants to charge fees to handset makers in Europe for Android apps such as Googlemaps and Gmail, according to the New York Times. The move is clearly a reaction to the $5.1B fine imposed by the European Commission (and under appeal by Google) in ...
    by Published on 11-11-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Improving Methodology the NVIDIA Way-ford-dc-refining-autonomous.jpg

When cities put on a press event to announce they are welcoming a company to town to test autonomous vehicles within the city limits the news is greeted with polite interest and some trepidation - as it was yesterday in Washington, D.C. There is an “oo-ah awesome” high-tech buzz immediately tempered by a ...
    by Published on 11-09-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. ANSYS, Inc.,
    4. Events
    Why I stopped "writing" RTL-semiwiki-banner-ad-1-min.jpg

There’s a familiar saying that you can’t improve what you can’t measure. Taking that one step further, the more improvement you want, the more accurately you have to measure. This become pretty important when you’re building huge designs in advanced technologies. ...
    by Published on 11-09-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. GlobalFoundries
    Article: Startups: the Biggest Challenge-gary-patton-gf-keynote-min.jpg

China has always been an intriguing semiconductor puzzle that very few companies have solved and now it is much more puzzling with the current political meandering. The GlobalFoundries vision of having foundries all over the world was very appealing to me back in 2009 and even more so today. Remember, ...
    by Published on 11-08-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Magwel
    computer power growth-cu-clip-current.jpg

Power device designers know that when they see a deceptively simple pair of PowerMOS device symbols in the output stage of a power converter circuit schematic, they are actually looking at a massively complex network of silicon ...
    by Published on 11-08-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Cadence
    Why I stopped "writing" RTL-emulation_virtual-ice-min.jpg

At a superficial level, emulation in the hardware design world is just a way to run a simulation faster. The design to be tested runs on the emulator, connected to whatever test mechanisms you desire, and the whole setup can run many orders of magnitude faster than it could if the design was running inside a software simulator. And this is indeed how emulators are often used—to speed up big simulations—whether you are putting the whole design in the emulator or using the emulator to speed up some part of the design, while the rest continues to run in the software simulator (generally known as simulation acceleration). ...
    by Published on 11-07-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Article: A Brief History of ClioSoft-president-xi-jinping.jpg

I read with interest the US Chamber of Commerce’s assessment of the Made in China (MIC) 2025 plan to transform the world’s most populous nation into an Advanced Manufacturing leader. MIC 2025 covers 10 strategic industries that China identifies as critical to economic growth in the 21st century, including next-gen information ...
    by Published on 11-07-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Open-Silicon
    Article: Building Energy-Efficient ICs from the Ground Up-open-silicon-s-iso-9001-2015-certificate.jpg

A quality standard that stays static and is not itself targeted for continuous improvement, is a standard that is breaking one of the first tenets of quality. This is why the ISO 9001 specification has been updated several ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7