You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Hardware Configuration Management at DAC

Intro
    Show me what has changed in my RTL or Schematic since the last time I looked. This task is now automated by Cliosoft with their new hierarchical tool called Visual Design Difference (VDD). Srinath showed me what was new for DAC.

SPICE, Fast SPICE and Analog Fast SPICE-anantharaman_headshot-jpg
    Srinath Anantharaman

Notes
    LSI, STMicro – use DesignSync for their DM but use VDD for seeing visual differences.
    SPICE, Fast SPICE and Analog Fast SPICE-vdd-jpg

Visual Diff – Tool introduced just over one year.
    - This year it handles hierarchy.
    - Can also ignore Cosmetic Changes that have no electrical changes.
    - If you make changes to your RTL design, then how do you see what has changed?
    - Demo: Compared two versions of a design
    o Tree widget shows the hierarchy of where to find the changes
    o Expand the tree widget, see each difference in logic
    o See changes in different colors
    o Zoom on changes per pin or net, complete text description
    o Standard feature at no extra cost for existing customers
    o Can even see property changes along with logical changes
    Clients: Virage – started with Springsoft Laker, then Virtuoso, now Custom Designer (stayed with Cliosoft DM throughout)

Summary
    If your IC design team has two or more engineers then your job will be made easier with a tool like VDD from Cliosoft.

This article was originally published in forum thread: Best #48DAC Trip Report Gets an iPAD2 started by admin View original post