[category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => Cadence
    [category_nicename] => cadence
    [category_parent] => 157
)

Cadence Update 2012!

Cadence Update 2012!
by Daniel Nenni on 05-14-2012 at 9:00 pm

What’s new at Cadence? Quite a bit actually. I have always been a Cadence fan, I mean really, they gave birth to modern EDA. Unfortunately, Cadence really lost me during the Avant! legal action, the Mike Fister years, and EDA360. Recently, however, Cadence has made some big changes that will definitely get them back on my good side. The most recent change being the hiring of Martin Lund, SVP of the SoC Realization Business Unit.

SoC Realization is a strategic growth area for Cadence,” said Lip-Bu Tan, president and CEO. “While at Broadcom, Martin Lund grew the company to become the global leader in Ethernet switch SoCs for data center, service provider, enterprise, and SMB markets, and successfully drove several strategic acquisitions. His extensive operational experience equips him well to scale our SoC Realization business.”

As I have said before, IP is the center of the semiconductor universe and Martin Lund certainly knows IP from his 12 years at Broadcom and 20+ patents. Hopefully Martin accepts my LinkedIn invitation so we can talk in more detail.

“Cadence is in an excellent position to deliver differentiated IP for memory, storage and connectivity,” said Martin Lund. “Customers are looking to Cadence to be their trusted partner in delivering these IP reliably and with high quality. This is an exciting time to join Cadence and I am looking forward to helping accelerate the company’s success.”

Also new at Cadence is one of the mostaggressive DAC schedules I have seen from them in a long time. They have numerous luncheons, breakfasts, exhibits, tutorials, and workshops planned where they will take on the challenges of the evolving semiconductor ecosystem. And of course, you won’t want to miss the Denali party, especially if you are looking forward to hearing loss.

Click the banner above and it will take you to the main Cadence DAC page. Here are some of the descriptions and associated links for Cadence content at DAC:

Registration:http://www.cadence.com/dac2012/Pages/luncheons.aspx

Monday, June 4, luncheon: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (doors open and lunch is served at 11:30 AM)
Overcoming Variability and Productivity Challenges in Your High-Performance, Advanced Node, Custom/Analog Design

Tuesday, June 5, breakfast: 8:00 AM – 10:00 AM (doors open and food is served at 7:30 AM)
Addressing Hardware/Software Co-Development, System Integration, and Time to Market

Tuesday, June 5, luncheon: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM (doors open and lunch is served at 11:30 AM)
Overcoming the Challenges of Embedding Ultra Low-Power, ARM 32-bit Processors into Analog/Mixed-Signal Designs

Wednesday, June 6, breakfast: 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM(doors open and breakfast is served at 7:30 AM)
The Path to Yielding at 2(x)nm and Beyond

The Denali Party by Cadence
Tuesday, June 5: 8:30 PM – 12:30 AM
Ruby Skye nightclub

Registration:http://www.cadence.com/dac2012/Pages/denali_party.aspx#regform

Also, Cadence is involved in a number ofworkshops tutorials and panels. Please visit http://www.cadence.com/dac2012/Pages/speakers.aspx for details.

I hope to see you there!

Share this post via:

Comments

There are no comments yet.

You must register or log in to view/post comments.