You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: I have a question about BSIM. Is this the right place to ask? [question inside]

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0

Question I have a question about BSIM. Is this the right place to ask? [question inside]

I am not a computer scientist or industry professional, but I am currently researching FinFET and hoping experts here may be able to help, and that no one minds my asking. Related to my research, I am trying to determine if there is any statistical information on the impact of BSIM.

[As I understand, BSIM isthe industry-standard transistor mathematical model for circuit simulation that allows the industry to test the behavior of a device or circuit and is invaluable for aiding design efficiency.]

Thank you for allowing me to post this question and for any help you might be able to offer!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 69
    Hi Kat

I'm not sure what you mean by "statistical information on the impact of BSIM".

Are you asking what fraction of foundries support the BSIM-CMG model (providing measured parameters to designers), compared with other compact models?

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    I'm attempting to get clarification on the question and will post as soon as I have better information. Thank you very much!

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Hello, U235 - your question is indeed what I am trying to find out. Thank you for any information you can share in this regard!

Quote Originally Posted by U235 View Post
    Hi Kat

I'm not sure what you mean by "statistical information on the impact of BSIM".

Are you asking what fraction of foundries support the BSIM-CMG model (providing measured parameters to designers), compared with other compact models?

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 39
    Given: 69
    Others will know more than me, but I expect the BSIM-CMG model is completely dominant as the compact model used for finFET circuit simulation.

And it should be applicable for what comes next as well, nanosheet transistots, nanowires etc.

Note: sometimes the foundries will write their own wrapper to account for certain (parasitic) effects, with the BSIM model at the centre.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Very happy to see your reply. Once again, thank you kindly for taking the time to help. It is much appreciated!!

0 Not allowed!