You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: GaAs cost question

Thumbs Up
    Received: 14
    Given: 4

GaAs cost question

I can find quite a few information on the cost of CMOS or SiGe BiCMOS, from MPW, to mask cost, to high-volume wafer cost on different nodes. But GaAs, being the 3rd largest semiconductor technology platform (I believe close to $10B last year), I really can't find much on its cost. Could someone please give me a rough idea on how much a wafer cost for a GaAs technology, e.g. a 6" 0.25um or 0.5um technology? Just want to know a ballpark number like I know 0.18um 8" CMOS is about $1000/wafer for moderate volume. Thank you!

0 Not allowed!

Top Influencer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 123
    Given: 97
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Sun View Post
    I can find quite a few information on the cost of CMOS or SiGe BiCMOS, from MPW, to mask cost, to high-volume wafer cost on different nodes. But GaAs, being the 3rd largest semiconductor technology platform (I believe close to $10B last year), I really can't find much on its cost. Could someone please give me a rough idea on how much a wafer cost for a GaAs technology, e.g. a 6" 0.25um or 0.5um technology? Just want to know a ballpark number like I know 0.18um 8" CMOS is about $1000/wafer for moderate volume. Thank you!
    New process could make gallium arsenide cheaper for computer chips, solar cells

0 Not allowed!