You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: Weird Semiconductor Professionals Wanted in Austin

Thumbs Up
    Received: 988
    Given: 2,487

Weird Semiconductor Professionals Wanted in Austin

Ericsson has opened an ASIC Design Center in Austin, and we would like to invite any experienced Semiconductor Engineers to come out and share a beer with us at the Mean-Eyed Cat in the parking lot of our new office to learn more about our ASIC Design.

Weird Semiconductor Professionals Wanted in Austin-ericsson-open-house.jpg

Ale's and ASIC's with Ericsson at The Mean-Eyed Cat! Tickets, Thu, Jul 26, 2018 at 5:30 PM | Eventbrite

Simply RSVP here to let us know you're interested and there will be a free beer ticket or 2 waiting for you when you arrive.

DATE AND TIME
    Thu, July 26, 2018
    5:30 PM – 7:30 PM CDT

1621 W 5th St
    Austin, TX 78703

0 Not allowed!
    Now available in print or Kindle: "Mobile Unleashed: The Origin and Evolution of ARM Processors In Our Devices"

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    Given: 1
    Would they be replacing standard parts for ASICS in their networking gear? Is Austin an ASIC hotbed?

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 309
    Given: 380
    From what I have heard, yes, Ericsson is making a move back to ASIC. And wow - is Austin an ASIC hotbed? NXP, ARM, Samsung, Cypress, TI, Intel/Altera, Microsemi, a zillion startups probably a long list more I am missing

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 21
    RIP CPU huh

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    I don't think people can self-identify themselves as weird. I mean, when you find someone weird, he or she would most probably find those idiosyncrasies normal from his/her point of view. No? Hehe

0 Not allowed!

Blogger
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 251
    Given: 332
    Quote Originally Posted by coldmama9 View Post
    I don't think people can self-identify themselves as weird. I mean, when you find someone weird, he or she would most probably find those idiosyncrasies normal from his/her point of view. No? Hehe
    When in my wild years my mother often asked me why I can't act 'normal'. And my standard reply was that being normal is boring...

1 Not allowed!
    Trust me ...
    I know what I am doing.