You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: RTL Power Optimisation Engineer @ Apple, UK

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 0

RTL Power Optimisation Engineer @ Apple, UK

Here at Apple, we design and develop world class processors, such as the A11 Bionic 64-bit Hexacore CPU, including Apple's first three core custom design GPU that was revealed in our iPhone X and iPhone 8 product launch.

Our St. Albans, UK Design Centre is seeking RTL Power Optimisation Engineer expert to shape and influence our future Processors.
    If you want to explore this groundbreaking opportunity then please drop me a line for further details.
    Thanks,#nickatapple

Job Summary
    The tasks for this role will cover power flow setup, power rollup, analysis, and optimisation mainly at the front-end level. The role will have an emphasis on early RTL power estimation with the objective to work with architects and RTL block designers to influence the design for power reduction.

Key Qualifications
    * Excellent understanding of power consumption, estimation, and low power design techniques.* Proficiency in scripting languages, such as Perl, Tcl, Python, or Make.

* Experienced with power estimation tools and characterization, such as Primetime-PX, Power Artist, Power Pro, Spyglass.
    * Experience optimizing low power solutions in the mobile space.
    * Understanding of power considerations at the RTL level.
    * Experience in power estimation and optimisation methodologies.

Education
    BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD in related field.

Additional RequirementsSome international travel required.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Hello,

I specialize in low power and power estimation, just finished a 1 year contract doing power optimization work for Qualcomm, this job looks like a fit,
    if you send me an email address i can send you my CV

Sankar

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Hi Sankar,

Thank you for reaching out.

My e-mail address is nicholas_beck@apple.com. the position can also be found on our career site at: Apple - Jobs at Apple

Kind regards
    Nick

0 Not allowed!