You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intel/Micron 3dXpoint Mystery Update

Expert
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 278
    Here is what I consider to be the definitive answer to this question by someone who understands the full picture from the technical standpoint, including business applications and economic impact. I must thank the SemiWiki community for the leads that enabled me to get this answer. This is why I value SemiWiki and the people behind it so highly. I especially want to give Thanks to Daniel Nenni for his support and encouragement.

Intel Optane: Our POV

0 Not allowed!

Top Influencer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 117
    Given: 14
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Hanson View Post
    Here is what I consider to be the definitive answer to this question by someone who understands the full picture from the technical standpoint, including business applications and economic impact. I must thank the SemiWiki community for the leads that enabled me to get this answer. This is why I value SemiWiki and the people behind it so highly. I especially want to give Thanks to Daniel Nenni for his support and encouragement.

This article is your definitive answer?

There is so much wrong with this rebuttal, for starters, they outright say they haven't even read the full article they are rebutting. Second, there is the line "Our disagreement is less about challenging any technical data,..." followed by a handful of examples of use cases that may or may not benefit from 3D Xpoint, and most of these use cases are either low value or niche. And third, the company that published this rebuttal has a Micron VP on it's advisory board.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 290
    Given: 285
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Hanson View Post

The same question is still there. Where and when we can see 3D Xpoint memory?

1 Not allowed!

Expert
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 316
    Given: 278
    I feel Micron might be developing this at a different rate for a significant part of the research effort might be integrating it into an Automata processor. In other words Micron and Intel might be looking at a longer game of a massive breakthrough. This is a long shot and just speculation, but who knows?

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12