You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: Intel acquires NetSpeed - SoC design tools and Interconnect Fabric IP

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4

Intel acquires NetSpeed - SoC design tools and Interconnect Fabric IP

Today Intel announced that they have acquired NetSpeed, NetSpeed has become part of Intel's Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) which Jim Keller leads (Jim Keller with Interconnects and SoC design, coincidence? I think not) Intel expects to honor any customer contracts NetSpeed currently has but NetSpeed will become an internal asset going forward.

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 951
    Given: 2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayman58 View Post
    Today Intel announced that they have acquired NetSpeed, NetSpeed has become part of Intel's Silicon Engineering Group (SEG) which Jim Keller leads (Jim Keller with Interconnects and SoC design, coincidence? I think not) Intel expects to honor any customer contracts NetSpeed currently has but NetSpeed will become an internal asset going forward.
    I believe Jim Keller chose NetSpeed at Tesla so this makes sense. I will look more into it later.

1 Not allowed!
    Now available in print or Kindle: "Mobile Unleashed: The Origin and Evolution of ARM Processors In Our Devices"

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Nenni View Post
    I believe Jim Keller chose NetSpeed at Tesla so this makes sense. I will look more into it later.
    Ooh! Interesting. Almost seems as if Intel is buying everyone they were/are customers of. BTW, thanks for looking into it later

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 951
    Given: 2,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayman58 View Post
    Ooh! Interesting. Almost seems as if Intel is buying everyone they were/are customers of. BTW, thanks for looking into it later
    It was a technology acquisition for sure. NetSpeed was doing very well in automotive so that is where Intel is headed. Netspeed was also in the datacenter and AI. This is the same space as ArterisIP so they just lost a competitor. The semiconductor IP consolidation continues....... Who is next?

0 Not allowed!
    Now available in print or Kindle: "Mobile Unleashed: The Origin and Evolution of ARM Processors In Our Devices"