You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: I thought this may be an interesting company.

Top Influencer
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 61
    Given: 21

I thought this may be an interesting company.

It's a fabless company that makes processors specifically for ai. You never know in a sink or swim world of engineering but it could be something.

AI performance, not stories | Home | Habana Labs

Habana Labs was founded in 2016 to unlock the true potential of AI by providing an order of magnitude improvements in processing performance, cost and power consumption. The company set out to develop AI processors from the ground up, optimized for the specific needs of training deep neural networks and for inference deployment in production environments. Habana Labs is a fabless semiconductor company located in Tel-Aviv, Israel, San Jose, California, Gdansk, Poland and Beijing, China employing over 120 people worldwide. It is led by top technologists and entrepreneurs
    that built multiple successful semiconductor companies and is backed by premier venture capitalists.

4 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Daniel Nenni; 4 Days Ago at 10:11 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 328
    Given: 390
    Interesting find. This area is ripe for breakthrough solutions, though I expect if they really do well they will be snapped up quickly by one of the big-8 (or 7 or 9, I forget which)

2 Not allowed!