You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The FTC's antitrust trial against Qualcomm has begun

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1,099
    Given: 2,546

0 Not allowed!
    Now available in print or Kindle: "Mobile Unleashed: The Origin and Evolution of ARM Processors In Our Devices"

Banned
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 11
    Given: 12
    Daniel, interesting that you would post the link to that **wired** article

Did you know that **wired** is a publication owned by Conde Nast?

Did you know it was reported that AAPL attempted to acquire Conde Nast?
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/05/01/apples-rumored-conde-nast-purchase-bid-would-further-amplify-apple-news

Did you know that AAPL recently hired a former Conde Nast executive president?
    https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/06/apple-news-conde-nast-executive

Did you know that AAPL is acquiring media companies to further signal its growing interest in editorial content for AAPL News?

What better way for AAPL to assure positive news flow / suppress negative news flow than to acquire media companies and operate as a "news" outlet (APPL News Segment).

>

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by mullenjl; 3 Days Ago at 06:58 PM. Reason: add "interest" - growing interest

Thumbs Up
    It was a rumor yet you think it is a fact. Good bye.

Conde Nast denies rumors it is being purchased by Apple - NBC News

[QUOTE=mullenjl;40282]Daniel, interesting that you would post the link to that **wired** article

Did you know that **wired** is a publication owned by Conde Nast?

Did you know it was reported that AAPL attempted to acquire Conde Nast?
    https://appleinsider.com/articles/18/05/01/apples-rumored-conde-nast-purchase-bid-would-further-amplify-apple-news

Did you know that AAPL recently hired a former Conde Nast executive president?
    https://9to5mac.com/2018/09/06/apple-news-conde-nast-executive

Did you know that AAPL is acquiring media companies to further signal its growing interest in editorial content for AAPL News?

What better way for AAPL to assure positive news flow / suppress negative news flow than to acquire media companies and operate as a "news" outlet (APPL News Segment).

>

1 Not allowed!
    Now available in print or Kindle: "Mobile Unleashed: The Origin and Evolution of ARM Processors In Our Devices"

Thumbs Up
    Received: 1
    Given: 3
    I. Excuse me but can someone please explain me if a company sells its PC say $1000 and Apple sells a Mac say at $2000, should Intell sells the same processor with same spects at twice the price to Apple? All with same IP and same spects that the EXACTLY SAME processor?

II. If Qualcomm's IP and the chipsets so valuable why ONLY APPLE can sell its mobile products so much pricier than the other brands and not millions but HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of mobile devices? Isn't this just because Apple adds much more value than the others despite using same or sometimes lower Qualcomm chipsets? (By the way excuse me for my English language mistakes).

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Very good points. In my opinion this whole legal battle is the result of some very aggressive negotiating between two very successful companies. Unfortunately they both crossed the legal lines and have already paid dearly for it in fines, lost business, and bad will with customers and suppliers. When lawyers get involved all rational gets tossed out of the window and it becomes an ego vs ego issue with scorched earth like collateral damage.

The media will spin this many ways to get clicks but the bottom line is that BOTH companies are guilty of bad faith and unethical behavior, all in the heat of the battle of course.

QCOM though is guilty of monopolistic business practices (my opinion) and they will be held accountable for that, absolutely. Remember, Intel had the same problem a while back and today they are clearly exhibiting the aftermath of NOT having competition forcing them to push technology and innovation for the greater good of consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by f4rewell1 View Post
    I. Excuse me but can someone please explain me if a company sells its PC say $1000 and Apple sells a Mac say at $2000, should Intell sells the same processor with same spects at twice the price to Apple? All with same IP and same spects that the EXACTLY SAME processor?

II. If Qualcomm's IP and the chipsets so valuable why ONLY APPLE can sell its mobile products so much pricier than the other brands and not millions but HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS of mobile devices? Isn't this just because Apple adds much more value than the others despite using same or sometimes lower Qualcomm chipsets? (By the way excuse me for my English language mistakes).

1 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Here is the CNBC interview I mentioned earlier:

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/01/1...d-the-ftc.html

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12