You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: First Human vs AI Debate, A Major Step

Expert
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 629
    Given: 455

First Human vs AI Debate, A Major Step

This debate between a human and AI is but one giant step forward, even though the human won. The IBM AI put on a credible debate and at the accelerating rate at which all the technologies (memory, processing, programing) that fuel AI/ML are advancing, this is a critical step for it involves on the fly abstract reasoning. At the rate AI/ML is advancing we should start to see major penetration into everything start to come up to speed in about two years. This will be the next major wave to drive demand for semis/mems/nanotech of all types. I don't make this claim lightly, for I have put a very substantial portion of my personal resources on the line. This is going change everything we touch, including things we don't and have the most dramatic change in the economics and social structure of the world. This will also apply to business, economic and physical warfare, subjects I will cover in later posts.

The interesting question is how long will it be before a human can't beat an AI in a debate, like it has done in chess and go?

Here's What Happened When IBM's Advanced AI Machine Challenged An International Debate Champion

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Arthur Hanson; 1 Day Ago at 05:21 AM.