You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread: Azure catching up fast with AWS?

Thumbs Up
    Received: 255
    Given: 303

Azure catching up fast with AWS?

I know there are warnings around how much confidence to place in SeekingAlpha reports, but this one seems worth airing. This shows Azure now almost neck and neck with AWS. And there have been other recent reports that AWS is slowing down. If the analysis is correct, Amazon may soon have to share its cloud crown with MSFT or even worry it might be bumped into second place.

What's Bothering Amazon's Cloud Business? - Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) | Seeking Alpha

0 Not allowed!

Expert
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 281
    Given: 263
    Thanks for the link, it was excellent, including the comments. May I suggest a book "Machine Platform Crowd". I'm just starting to test(6 figure tests) some theories using margin where if it works there will be a 99% plus spread.

1 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Arthur Hanson; 3 Weeks Ago at 04:01 AM.

Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 273
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Murphy View Post
    I know there are warnings around how much confidence to place in SeekingAlpha reports, but this one seems worth airing. This shows Azure now almost neck and neck with AWS. And there have been other recent reports that AWS is slowing down. If the analysis is correct, Amazon may soon have to share its cloud crown with MSFT or even worry it might be bumped into second place.

What's Bothering Amazon's Cloud Business? - Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ:AMZN) | Seeking Alpha

One of the limitation of comparing AWS and Azure is Microsoft doesn't release the actual Azure revenue number. To make some analysis based on profit growth rate or booking growth rate without knowing Azure's quarterly and yearly revenue details can be misleading.

0 Not allowed!