You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Atomera, Game Changer, Oxygen in Semis

Thumbs Up
    Received: 305
    Given: 405
    Quote Originally Posted by name99 View Post
    Daniel, a DESIGN patent is not the same thing as a "standard" patent, and you destroy your credibility by complaining about the Apple issues you list.

Design patent - Wikipedia

You may or may not like the concept of IP as applied to ornamental flourishes and suchlike, but it has nothing to do with the concept of patents per se.
    Both design patents and standard patents are a very broken system, because neither system does a sufficient "prior art" search. Our patent system today makes lawyers rich, and is not a system based on justice.

Do you honestly think that a rectangle with rounded corners should be allowed as a design patent?

0 Not allowed!
    Daniel Payne, EDA Consultant
    www.MarketingEDA.com

Expert
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 264
    I just had a conversation with a retired fab researcher and he said they have the scientists and sales people, but not the production process people. He said it does have potential, but someone has to be able to put it in a viable productions process and that's the person they don't have or haven't listed.

PS I agree with you on the patent process and this is a world wide problem. It's an absolute jungle of a mess designed as a full employment program for lawyers. We need a standard world wide patent process with research filed in a block chain process so the person who is really first gets the credit.

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by Arthur Hanson; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:17 AM.

Expert
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 283
    Given: 264
    I finally got ahold of my contact in SV and he said Atomera has theoretical people, but not manufacturing applications people and this is the problem. They only have the science and sales people and need to convince a manufacturer to put money, talent and time on the line to prove if it works on a mass production level.

0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12