You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPICE and FastSPICE Vendors Wiki

Thumbs Up
    Received: 806
    Given: 2,194
    There have been developments by several EDA vendors that have greatly increased speed to the Fast-Spice level, some, like BDA, have done that with Analog FastSPICE without loss of accuracy compared to Spectre or HSPICE. Full Disclosure - I worked at BDA as an apps guy a few years back. Cadence was doing pretty well with their APS engine as well.
    Posted by Glenn Crosby

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0
    Given: 0
    Perhaps these might be of interest for addition to the table & list:
    Simulator: Saber, the first and in some sense still the best table-based circuit simulator, which I have used extensively for analog chip design and big co-sim jobs in Hspice model environment, via the 'new Spice to Saber' translater NSpiToS.
    Analysis: time domain noise, pole-zero, worst case, successive injection, symbolic; Virtuoso Analog Design Environment lists 26 analysis types.
    Eldo analysis types, is a listing wanted (table has blank areas)? Eldo does most everything Hspice does, but better, in my considered judgement, including analysis types, I used it full time for 4 years next to Hspice. Far fewer bugs.

0 Not allowed!

mfortunato
    There are several of the lower cost spice simulators missing and one with incorrect info.

First of all Tina is made and sold by Designsoft: DesignSoft main page. Pretty capable mixed-signal product with VHDL support. Latest version is multithreaded to take full advantage of multiple core processors. Probably the easiest to use and get up to speed on.

Missing products:

0 Not allowed!
    Last edited by mfortunato; 12-26-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12