You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts RSS Feed

by Published on 09-12-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: Variation-Aware Design: A Hands-on Field Guide-calma-s140-gif

As I travel a lot in the last 15 years and visited customers as well as friends I was many times invited to talk to the Layout teams. The main purpose is always to encourage automation. So I developed a presentation related to market trend, technology ...
    by Published on 09-12-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: An FPGA Design Flow with Aldec Tools-rna-min-jpg

Neural nets, neuromorphic computing and other manifestations of artificial intelligence are popular topics these days. You might think of this as art (as in the art of computing) imitating life. What about the other direction ...
    by Published on 09-11-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    Article: A Brief History of the Fabless Semiconductor Ecosystem-apple-v-qualcomm-jpg

Having worked with Qualcomm in many different capacities during my career I can tell you there are some amazing people in and around that company. I am always positive when people I know are considering working there and QCOM people who leave ...
    by Published on 09-10-2017 02:15 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ARM,
    4. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: SystemC vs C++ for High Level Synthesis-protect-iot-devices-jpg

#IoT devices are supposed to function properly in the field for many years without human intervention. Given that we know in advance that each #IoT node is going to be hacked in the future, it is essential that some trusted code be isolated from that hack to restore the #IoT application code to a known good state.
    by Published on 09-10-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-uber-cancer-jpg

Uber’s marketing and public relations afterburners are running at full blast with a new CEO, new driver rules and promises to make amends and “turn the company around” – whatever that means. If Uber is sincere about making changes it may find itself at war with its own nature.

Uber is a liar and a thief.
    by Published on 09-01-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Variation-Aware Design: A Hands-on Field Guide-no-war-cars-jpg

We have gotten to the point with automotive safety where we are happy to hear that ONLY 18,000 people died on the nation’s highways in the first six months of 2017. That’s right. That is good news – 100+ people were killed every day so far this year in, by or as a result of cars.

by Published on 09-01-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. TSMC,
    4. Mobile
    entry diversion in semiconductor manufacturing-apple-iphone-8-jpg

In 2014 Apple released the iPhone 6 which included the first SoC built on a TSMC (20nm) process. This phone started what many call a “Super Cycle” of people upgrading. According to Apple, they now have more than 1 billion activated devices so this super cycle could be seriously super, absolutely.
    by Published on 08-30-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: Variation-Aware Design: A Hands-on Field Guide-12-myths-about-blockchain-technology-jpg

Blockchain, the "distributed ledger" technology, has emerged as an object of intense interest in the tech industry and beyond. Blockchain technology offers a way of recording transactions or any digital interaction in a way that is designed to be secure, transparent, highly resistant to outages, auditable, and efficient; as such, it carries the possibility of disrupting industries and enabling new business models.
    by Published on 08-26-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-oracle-sun-microsystems-jpg

This is a story I have been tracking for some time now. Oracle is one of the companies I was enamored with early in my career, Sun microsystems as well. They are both legacies here in Silicon Valley, absolutely. I can now ...
    by Published on 08-24-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-eclipse-2017-drive-all-night-jpg

The reports are coming in now that Apple is working on self-driving car technology in support of developing shuttle buses - not unlike the dozen or so other companies like Local Motors and Navya working on the same idea. The message is clear that the only way to reduce traffic and ...

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9