You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts RSS Feed

by Published on 10-13-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive,
    3. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: Apple Will NOT Manufacture SoCs at Intel-auro-robotics-jpg

Some days it seems like the world is obsessed with autonomous vehicles. No one really understands why. Surveys tell us that consumers are both interested in and repelled by self-driving cars. What’s missing is the business model – the commercial ...
    by Published on 10-12-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Apple Will NOT Manufacture SoCs at Intel-why-cars-arent-safe-planes-jpg

People are often confused and amazed that airline travel is so much safer than travel by bus, rail or car. The safety of air travel is truly miraculous, particularly in comparison to the disastrous history of terrestrial travel.

This reality was highlighted by the latest fatality data released by the U.S. Department of Transportation revealing that annual highway fatalities ...
    by Published on 10-09-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Global Semiconductor Alliance,
    4. Artificial Intelligence
    Debugging is not free!!-gsa-executive-forum-2017-min-jpg

According to semiconductor trade statistics, 2017 will be the strongest market since 2010 easily recording double digit gains causing the SOX Semiconductor Index to outpace NASDAQ and the other indexes. The question Wall Street people have ...
    by Published on 10-06-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Article: Intel Taps The Debt Market: Should They Go Private?-facebook-equifax-jpg

The theft of an estimated 143 million Americans' personal details in a data breach of consumer-credit reporting agency Equifax and the Russian hack of the U.S. elections through Facebook had one thing in common: they were facilitated by the absence of legal protection for personal data. Though the U.S. Constitution ...
    by Published on 10-06-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Variation-Aware Design: A Hands-on Field Guide-driver-distraction-min-jpg

The Automobile Club of America's (AAA) ongoing battle with driver distraction, among other issues such as drowsy driving and teen driving, turns a new page with a report flagging 23 of 30 tested in-vehicle infotainment systems as demanding that drivers pay a ...
    by Published on 10-04-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Cadence,
    3. Concept Engineering,
    4. Mentor Graphics,
    5. Synopsys,
    6. General,
    7. Platform Design Automation
    Article: Variation-Aware Design: A Hands-on Field Guide-calma-demo-room-1980-jpg

One of the important changes that happen between 1984 and 1988 is the hardware platforms development. Calma evolved, mainframe S140 with 2 combined monitors per terminal in S280 with 2 individual monitors per terminal. This meant that from noisy and darker rooms we move to more quiet and lighted rooms. We ...
    by Published on 10-03-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Events
    Plus args in System Verilog is Plus point !!-oski-technology-decoding-formal-club-enabling-formal-sign-off_2-e1387508556106-min-jpg

Last week I sat in on Oski’s latest in a series of “Decoding Formal” sessions. Judging by my first experience, they plan and manage these events very well. Not too long (~3 hours of talks), good food (DishDash), good customer content, a good forward-looking topic and a very entertaining wrap-up talk.

by Published on 09-25-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Cadence,
    4. Synopsys
    Synopsys makes EE Times Top 10 Deals list for 2012-edalics-q2-2017-jpg

It really is an exciting time in semiconductors. The benchmarks on the new Apple A11 SoC and the Nvidia GPU are simply amazing. Even though Moore’s Law is slowing, the resulting chips are improving well above and beyond expectations, absolutely.

As I have mentioned ...
    by Published on 09-18-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-atoptech-logo-png

One of the biggest surprises at the TSMC OIP Forum last week was the reappearance of bankrupt EDA vendor ATopTech. I spoke with former ATopTech CEO and now Avatar IS President Jue-Hsien Chern at OIP. As a survivor of several EDA legal battles myself, I understand what ATopTech went through and I am thoroughly ...
    by Published on 09-17-2017 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-brcair-min-jpg

I often use this space to report on industry events I have attended and what I have learned at them. So, this article will be a slight, but not complete, departure from this. I am reporting on my experiences at Burning Man this year. For the unacquainted, Burning Man is a temporary city of around 70,000 people in a remote desert-like dry lake bed in Northern Nevada. The Black ...

Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8