You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts (Front Page) RSS Feed

by Published on 01-10-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. General,
    4. Events
    Article: Equipment Down 16% in 2012, Flat to Down in 2013-strava-min.jpg

I'm an avid road bike enthusiast having just completed my 2017 goal of 13,000 miles, so follow me on Strava if you want to see the routes and photo adventures I have in Oregon. In the photo below I'm the guy in the middle with the Portland Velo jersey on and we're in a parking lot just 2 blocks away from Intel's Ronler Acres site in Hillsboro.
    by Published on 01-09-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    SVA : System Verilog Assertion is for Designer too!!-french-tech-night-ces-2016.jpg

France exposure will be very strong at Las Vegas CES this year, the 3rd country with 365 companies, behind USA and China. If you just take the start-up number into account, 274 French start-ups will be present, just behind the USA with 280 start-ups! If you look back, it’s a great jump compared with 2017 (178 start-up) and even greater with 2015 when only 66 French start-ups ...
    by Published on 01-04-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Artificial Intelligence
    Post Fabless Era - Fabless and Backend Design Less Companies-deep-learning-min.jpeg

Deep learning, modeled (loosely) on the way living neurons interact, has achieved amazing success in automating recognition tasks, from recognizing images more accurately in some cases than we or even experts can, to recognizing speech and ...
    by Published on 01-03-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Zynq out of the box, in FPGA-based prototyping-qualcomm-s-new-spectra-isp-camera-modules-enable-nextgen-ar.jpg

The mobile VR and AR space has been evolving rapidly, with many different players innovating in recent months. Companies like Apple and Google have been innovating on the software and hardware front, ...
    by Published on 01-03-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Mentor Graphics,
    4. SEMI,
    5. Events
    Fastest Growing Interface IP-ritz-carlton_photo-logo.jpg

As we begin another new year we begin another semiconductor conference cycle starting with SEMI ISS on January 15–18 at the Ritz-Carlton in Half Moon Bay California. This conference really sets the tone for the year and gives us a place to start thinking, acting, and reacting. This year it is all about the electronic devices we have all been working on and hearing about that will change the world, hopefully.
    by Published on 01-02-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Post Fabless Era - Fabless and Backend Design Less Companies-cryptocurrency-new-target-cybercriminals-2.jpg

As predicted, the rise of cryptocurrency valuation has captured the attention of cybercriminals. New hacks, thefts, misuse, and fraud schemes are on the rise. Where there is value, there will be a proportional risk of theft. Criminals always pursue and exploit systems where they can achieve personal financial gain. It is the Willie Sutton effect: That’s where the money is.
    by Published on 01-02-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    What Keeps the executives of Semiconductor awake at night?-analog-computer-min.jpeg

Once in a while I like to write on a fun, off-beat topic. My muse today is analog computing, a domain that some of us antiques in the industry recall with fondness, though sadly in my case without hands-on experience. Analog computers exploit ...
    by Published on 01-01-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    Article: Zynq out of the box, in FPGA-based prototyping-ibm-plays-ai-giants.jpg

I’ve been following IBM’s AI efforts with interest for a quite a while now. In my opinion, the company jump-started the current cycle of AI with the introduction of Watson back in the 2000s and has steadily been ramping up its efforts since then. Most ...
    by Published on 12-30-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    What Keeps the executives of Semiconductor awake at night?-dan-shushana-disney.jpg

This has been an amazing year for me both personally and professionally. Personally we are now empty nest and have our first grandchild. SemiWiki is prospering, a company that I have been involved with for ten years (Solido Design) had a very nice exit, and my time promoting semiconductor stocks to Wall Street paid off with the PHLX Semiconductor index (SOX) gaining an astounding 40%.
    by Published on 12-29-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    entry diversion in semiconductor manufacturing-why-bitcoin-largest-ponzi-scheme-human-history.jpg

During the late ’90s, Silicon Valley venture capitalists and New York City investment bankers used phrases such as “monetizing eyeballs,” “stickiness,” and “B2C” to justify the ridiculous valuations of Internet companies. They claimed conventional methods were inapplicable in valuing the dot-com companies ...

Page 7 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13