You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 01-25-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Events
    Article: A Brief History of Synopsys-dac55_logo_tagline_black.jpg

DAC 2018 will take place in San Francisco in June (24 to 28) and you have a fantastic opportunity to present a paper in the IP track! In fact, the deadline has been extended to January 30th to submit your proposal.

Let’s make it clear: you are not expected to send the completed paper by this date, just the following:

• The title of the presentation
    • Abstract of 100 words
    • Category (a list is provided
    by Published on 01-22-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. Security
    Article: Apply within: four embedded instrumentation approaches-171115eedn-st-_stm32l4_mcu_series_image_1.jpg

Spoiler alert, the answer is none!

Let me take you back to the beginning to explain that answer.

For the sake of this discussion,
    by Published on 01-22-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. SEMI,
    3. Events
    -nissans-path-self-driving-cars.jpg

As a car enthusiast and a semiconductor professional the latest automotive trends are of great interest to me. My father raced sports cars and I remember being part of the pit crew (but not really) and impatiently waiting for my turn to drive. The years before my 16th birthday ...
    by Published on 01-20-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Intel 22nm SoC Process Exposed!-new-years-resolution-turn-off-computers.jpg

Facebook’s recent acknowledgment that social media may be making its users feel bad in some cases is a significant milestone. So far, the technology industry hardly has talked about the downsides of their products. Now a realization seems to be setting in that perhaps something has gone wrong along the way.

Academic ...
    by Published on 01-16-2018 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Events
    Article: Intel 22nm SoC Process Exposed!-daniel-niles-iss-2018.jpg

The SEMI Industry Strategy Symposium (ISS 2018) started today with session one on economic trends. Daniel Niles (Alpha One Capital Partners) started it off with “A Golden Age for Global Growth - Semiconductor revenues ...
    by Published on 01-16-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: Cadence 3D Methodology-cnn-architecture-min.jpg

No, not the news network though I confess I am curious to see how many initial hits that title attracts. Then I clarify that I’m talking about convolutional neural nets, and my would-be social media fame evaporates. Oh well – for those few of you still with me, CNNs ...
    by Published on 01-15-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    Article: Intel 22nm SoC Process Exposed!-hock-tan-donald-trump.jpg

The Broadcom acquiring Qualcomm drama is still dominating the fabless semiconductor back channel. This week I will be at the SEMI ISS Conference with Scott Jones and several hundred high level semiconductor professionals so it will be interesting ...
    by Published on 01-11-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics
    Article: GLOBALFOUNDRIES and Mentor Develop Methods to Identify Critical Features in IC Designs-calibretshirt1998.jpg

Being new in Ottawa and trying to get some momentum towards automation in full custom layout I was telling industry people that I am interested to work with everybody to move this agenda forward. My Director of Engineering at that time, Peter Gillingham, ...
    by Published on 01-10-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. General,
    4. Events
    Article: Equipment Down 16% in 2012, Flat to Down in 2013-strava-min.jpg

I'm an avid road bike enthusiast having just completed my 2017 goal of 13,000 miles, so follow me on Strava if you want to see the routes and photo adventures I have in Oregon. In the photo below I'm the guy in the middle with the Portland Velo jersey on and we're in a parking lot just 2 blocks away from Intel's Ronler Acres site in Hillsboro.
    by Published on 01-09-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    SVA : System Verilog Assertion is for Designer too!!-french-tech-night-ces-2016.jpg

France exposure will be very strong at Las Vegas CES this year, the 3rd country with 365 companies, behind USA and China. If you just take the start-up number into account, 274 French start-ups will be present, just behind the USA with 280 start-ups! If you look back, it’s a great jump compared with 2017 (178 start-up) and even greater with 2015 when only 66 French start-ups ...

Page 7 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13