You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 01-20-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Want 10nm Wafers? That'll Cost You-remote-control-crazy-likes-company.jpg

Three years ago Chris Valasek and Charlie Miller hacked an FCA Jeep to demonstrate the ability to remotely control a vehicle. The stunt was intended to make the point that the automotive industry had a problem with cybersecurity and the consequences of failing to deal with this vulnerability ...
    by Published on 01-18-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Extending Wintel collaboration to Nokia?-cnbc-nenni-interview.jpg

Over the holidays I did an interview with CNBC on the subject of Qualcomm. The producer had read the History of Qualcomm chapter in our book Mobile Unleashed and wanted to base a 15 minute report on it. The interview lasted 90 minutes but of course only snippets of what I said were used. You can see the recorded report by clicking on ...
    by Published on 01-13-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events,
    3. Automotive
    Article: Extending Wintel collaboration to Nokia?-2019-year-de-appification.jpg

CES 2018 saw the proliferation of digital assistant applications in cars (and homes, of course) with Harman International, Panasonic and Visteon showing multiple digital assistant implementations with in-dash infotainment systems. Panasonic showed a hybrid Alexa system capable of working off line and Harman ...
    by Published on 01-11-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events,
    3. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: Variation-Aware Design: A Hands-on Field Guide-strava-min.jpg

It's January so time for my annual update on all things cycling that are being shown at CES this week. For 2018 my cycling goal was 11,440 miles, but an accident on September 1st cut into my goal, however I did reach 10,887.6 miles according to Strava.

eBikes
    This category continues to grow in 2019, with many vendors offering us lots of choices from commuting to mountain bikes with electric motor assist.

Halfords has embedded Alexa onto their smart computer bike at CES this year, which is a smart move because it isn't so safe to use your fingers to click a touch screen while cycling, voice control is much safer. Pricing is about ...
    by Published on 01-09-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: Want 10nm Wafers? That'll Cost You-google-mini-min.jpg

On Star Trek when they asked the computer to do something, they never heard it say “Sorry, you have no photon torpedoes connected to your account”. However, this sort of thing is something that happens at my house when I forget the exact name of a specific light. How did ...
    by Published on 01-08-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events,
    3. Automotive
    Article: Video? Tensilica Has You Covered-ces-2019-v2v.jpg

The often pedantic debate over how cars will directly communicate with other cars and infrastructure will culminate suitably at CES 2019 with multiple C-V2X announcements and demonstrations. Foremost among those demonstrations will be parking lot ...
    by Published on 01-06-2019 08:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events,
    3. Automotive
    Article: Variation-Aware Design: A Hands-on Field Guide-ces-2019-audi-samsung.jpg

When Nvidia changed its automotive market messaging from an infotainment-centered theme to autonomous driving two years ago - pronouncing the coming tidal wave of robotaxi development - it matched the almost identical epiphany reached by Intel years ...
    by Published on 01-06-2019 07:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events,
    3. Automotive
    Article: Video? Tensilica Has You Covered-ces-2019-digital-cockpit.jpg

The annual trek to Las Vegas arrives this year with visions of sinusitis, chapped lips, flat feet and new concepts for automotive cockpit systems. It is no coincidence that the plaza in front of the Las Vegas Convention Center is dominated by automotive exhibits – along with multiple automated driving demonstrations ...
    by Published on 01-06-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events,
    3. Automotive
    Article: Apple and Samsung Do It Again-ces-2019-robotaxis-vs.-micro-transit.jpg

Attendees of CES 2019 arriving at Las Vegas McCarran International Airport next week will have four options for getting to their hotels: a shuttle offering two rides for the price of one (out and back for about $15); a taxi offering one ride for the price of two (about $30), a Lyft or Uber offering one ride for the price of one ride (about $15), or a rental car. ...
    by Published on 01-01-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: Navigating the new patent landscape-let-ai-benchmark-wars-begin.jpg

Why benchmark competition enables breakthrough innovation in AI. Two years ago I inadvertently started a war. And I couldn’t be happier with the outcome. While wars fought on the battle field of human misery and death never have winners, this “war” is different. It is a competition ...

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10