You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 05-07-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: The First 14nm FinFET Wafer Sighting!-steal-ip-silicon-valley.jpg

In a videoconference hosted by Indian startup media publication Inc42, I gave entrepreneurs some advice that startled them. I said that instead of trying to invent new things, they should copy and steal all the ideas they can from China, Silicon ...
    by Published on 04-22-2018 10:00 AM
    Article: TSMC Apple Rumors Debunked!-digital-media-forgery.jpg

Technology is reaching a point where it can nearly create fake video and audio content in real-time from handheld devices like smartphones.

In the near future, you will be able to Facetime someone and have a real-time conversation with more than just bunny ears or some other cartoon overlay. Imagine appearing as a person ...
    by Published on 04-22-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Online Schematic Capture and SPICE Circuit Simulation-maybe-time-deletewhatsapp.jpg

WhatsApp differentiates itself from Facebook by touting its privacy and end-to-end encryption. “Some of your most personal moments are shared with WhatsApp", it says, so “your messages, photos, videos, voice messages, documents, and calls are secured from falling into the wrong hands”. A WhatsApp founder ...
    by Published on 04-19-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    -data-breach-laws-0-50-states-16-years.jpg

It has taken the U.S. 16 years to enact Data Breach laws in each state. California led the way, with the first, in 2002 to protect its citizens. Last in line was Alabama, which just signed their law in March 2018. There is no overarching consistent data breach law at the federal level. It is all handled ...
    by Published on 04-19-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Oski Technology
    Article: TSMC Apple Rumors Debunked!-spectre-meltdown-min.jpg

Once again Oski delivered in their most recent Decoding Formal session, kicking off with a talk on the infamous Meltdown and Spectre bugs and possible relevance of formal methods in finding these and related problems. So far I haven’t invested much effort in understanding these ...
    by Published on 04-16-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Cadence,
    4. Mentor Graphics,
    5. Events
    Article: Online Schematic Capture and SPICE Circuit Simulation-4r1a0221.jpg

The funniest line of the EDA CEO Outlook event was that we should rename our Amazon Echos Wally. Yes Wally is that smart and he remembers pretty much everything. I wish I could rename my Echo Wally because my daughter in-law is named Alexa ...
    by Published on 04-15-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Apple's Next Threat-deletefacebook.jpg

For the past 30 years, most of us around the globe have welcomed modern technology with few questions and fewer reservations. We have treated each new product as a "solution" and paid little attention to its accompanying problems.

The past six months, though, has seen a rapid change of opinion ...
    by Published on 04-11-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: Apple's Next Threat-covercadence.jpg

The year is 1999 and I decided that is time to try something else in layout. In 1989 in Israel I was part of the biggest chip in the world, the Motorola DSP9600. In 1998 in Canada I was part of the biggest Synchronous DRAM in the world, it was time to try analog/mixed signal/RF projects.

The opportunity came from PMC ...
    by Published on 04-08-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive,
    3. Artificial Intelligence
    Which way the semiconductor industry is going?-nvidia-gtc-2018-then-there-were-three.jpg

If there was a central takeaway to Nvidia's GTC event last week in San Jose it was this: autonomous vehicles are already operating or at least testing in virtual every corner of the planet including companies such as Tier IV and ZMP in Japan, and Pony.ai and Baidu in China. But two U.S. companies ...
    by Published on 04-08-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Online Schematic Capture and SPICE Circuit Simulation-good-bad-tesla-uber.jpg

In "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" circa 1971, Gene Wilder plays a vaguely misanthropic Willy Wonka who leads the young winners of his golden wrapper contest on a tour of the seven deadly sins within his candy factory and labs. (Who can forget Augustus Gloop?) At one point, Mike Teavee, a television-obsessed ...

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9