You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 03-31-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Intel's x86 - Foundry Breakup Comes into View-lyft-auto-industry-annihilation.jpg

The good news is that Lyft’s initial public offering is over-subscribed, according to published reports. That also happens to be the bad news.

Like its disruptive corporate kin – Waymo, Uber, and Tesla Motors – Lyft is out to creatively destroy the automotive industry. In the process, the company is set on a course for its own annihilation – and investors ...
    by Published on 03-25-2019 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Concept Engineering,
    4. Methodics,
    5. Events,
    6. Blue Pearl Software,
    7. SiFive,
    8. RISC-V,
    9. Breker Systems
    -v30kickoff.jpg

Last week I attended the first Verification 3.0 Innovation Summit held at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara along with about 90 other interested engineers and former engineers (meaning marketing and sales people, like me). There was a great ...
    by Published on 03-25-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Intel's x86 - Foundry Breakup Comes into View-automotive-self-certification-insufficient.jpg

The crash of Ethiopia Air Flight 961 may have a negative impact on the development of autonomous vehicle technology. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is now forced to reconsider the “self-certification” process used for the Boeing 737 Max 8 airplane involved.

Self-driving car developers have been seeking the same self-certification for their own systems. The ...
    by Published on 03-24-2019 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. 5G
    Article: Intel's x86 - Foundry Breakup Comes into View-daas-iot.jpg

There is an emerging market in the world of IoT, and service providers are yet to realize the potential of it. With x-as-a-Service — x taking the shape of either software, platform, or infrastructure — already in play, it is only a matter of time before Device-as-a-Service ...
    by Published on 03-21-2019 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    Article: Modeling TSV, IBIS-AMI and SERDES with HSPICE-i-love-dac-min.jpg

The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is the must-see, annual event for semiconductor professionals that design chips, use EDA software, and buy semiconductor IP. Like all conferences there's an entrance fee, but for the 11th year now you can get a free pass, courtesy of three sponsors: Avatar Integrated Systems, ClioSoft, Truechip. The free pass is part of ...
    by Published on 03-17-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Cadence ♥ ClioSoft!-i-finally-understand-brexit.jpg

I have gazed across the Pond in bafflement over Brexit until two days ago. I now grasp the depth and breadth of British anxiety over political and legal ties to Brussels and it boils down to regulatory over-reach.

Yesterday, the European Commission announced that it had adopted new rules “stepping up the deployment of Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS) on Europe's roads.” What the commission has actually done is to create ...
    by Published on 03-15-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Events
    Article: TSMC ♥ Cadence-fcmn_2019_800x188.jpg

On April 2 – 4, the 2019 International Conference on Frontiers of Characterization and Metrology for Nanoelectronics (FCMN) will be held at the Monterey Marriott in Monterey, CA. The 2019 FCMN is the 12th in the series that began in 1995 with a keynote talk by Craig Barrett, ex-CEO of Intel.

by Published on 03-10-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. General
    Why I stopped "writing" RTL-cmp-min.jpg

On SemiWiki we often talk about bleeding-edge technology like 7nm, 5nm or even 3nm, but for analog IC designs there's a low-cost alternative to getting your ideas validated and prototyped without taking out a multi-million dollar loan, and that's through the use of Multi-Project Wafers (MPW). Starting with a mature ...
    by Published on 03-10-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Why IP Must Be Defended-lyft-ipo-paints-perilous-profitless-picture.jpg

Lyft’s S1 filing for its IPO is a sobering read, as such documents often are, requiring, as they do, the full disclosure of current financial circumstances and, everyone’s favorite: risk factors. Lyft identifies 18 risk factors (below) which could interfere with the long-term success of the operation. I think there are more. ...
    by Published on 03-05-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events,
    3. CASPA,
    4. Artificial Intelligence,
    5. RISC-V
    Article Preview

The trend of AI augmentation into many facets of silicon based hardware applications is on the rise. During the CASPA press conference in Santa Clara last week, Silvaco CEO David Dutton and SiFive VP, GM Christopher Moezzi were present to ...

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9