You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 02-06-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Artificial Intelligence
    Design Management software: RTDA FlowTracer/NetworkComputer vs. free comparison?-godel-min.jpeg

Scanning ACM tech news recently, I came across a piece that spoke to my inner nerd; I hope it will appeal to some of you also. The discovery will have no impact on markets or investments or probably anyone outside theories ...
    by Published on 02-05-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Design Management software: RTDA FlowTracer/NetworkComputer vs. free comparison?-open-letter-ftc.jpg

In December 2018 the FTC held hearings on Competition and consumer Protection in the 21st Century. A number of people spoke at the event and the FTC has graciously opened the discussion to public comments. The Federal Trade Commission has interest, certain responsibilities, and can affect changes to how data security evolves. This is our opportunity for ...
    by Published on 02-04-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive,
    3. Security
    Design Management software: RTDA FlowTracer/NetworkComputer vs. free comparison?-jeephack-repercussions.jpg

Automotive cybersecurity is an intractable nightmare with significant though inchoate implications for consumers and existential exposure for auto makers. This reality became painfully clear earlier this month when the U.S. Supreme Court declined to hear FiatChrysler Automotive’s appeal in a class action lawsuit over allegations of vulnerabilities in its Jeeps ...
    by Published on 02-03-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events,
    3. Automotive
    Design Management software: RTDA FlowTracer/NetworkComputer vs. free comparison?-ces-2019-stormy-weather-ibm.jpg

Ginni Rometty, chairman, president and CEO of IBM was kind enough to take on the task of an hour-long keynote at CES 2019 in Las Vegas last week. She used the opportunity to highlight three areas of computational innovation at IBM - deep data, broad AI and quantum systems – with the help of three partners: Delta Airlines, Wal-Mart and Exxon Mobile. ...
    by Published on 01-27-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Design Management software: RTDA FlowTracer/NetworkComputer vs. free comparison?-space-race-technology.jpg

Until January 3, no human being had ever set eyes upon the “dark side” of the moon: the side always facing away from the Earth. It always remained a mystery. But no longer. China’s National Space Administration successfully landed a lunar lander, Chang’e-4, at South Pole-Aitken, ...
    by Published on 01-24-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Tackling large-scale SoC and FPGA prototyping debug challenges-mad-spies.jpg

Anybody who’s ever read the iconic MAD magazine would be familiar with the wordless Spy vs Spy cartoon. First published in January, 1961, it features two agents involved in stereotypical and comical espionage activities. One is dressed in white, and the other in black, but they are otherwise identical. A parody of the political ideologies of the Cold War, the strip is now in its 68th year and continues to delight its loyal readers. ...
    by Published on 01-23-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    -mind-blown-min.jpeg

I’m not opposed to the exotic ideas which capture public attention from time to time, but I do enjoy puncturing a popular expectation demanding every novel technology be a revolutionary breakthrough. I’ve already made ...
    by Published on 01-23-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: Welcome to the Video Club!-jim-hogan.jpg

It is important when talking about a market to first establish the need and potential growth, then determine how the market is being served. This requires examining product features and services offered.
    by Published on 01-20-2019 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Want 10nm Wafers? That'll Cost You-remote-control-crazy-likes-company.jpg

Three years ago Chris Valasek and Charlie Miller hacked an FCA Jeep to demonstrate the ability to remotely control a vehicle. The stunt was intended to make the point that the automotive industry had a problem with cybersecurity and the consequences of failing to deal with this vulnerability ...
    by Published on 01-18-2019 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Extending Wintel collaboration to Nokia?-cnbc-nenni-interview.jpg

Over the holidays I did an interview with CNBC on the subject of Qualcomm. The producer had read the History of Qualcomm chapter in our book Mobile Unleashed and wanted to base a 15 minute report on it. The interview lasted 90 minutes but of course only snippets of what I said were used. You can see the recorded report by clicking on ...

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9