You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 02-10-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Events
    Article: Apple v. Samsung: Mixed Phone Marriages End in Divorce?-expo-min-jpg

DVCon is fast approaching, less than 3 weeks away. As a verification geek, this must be one of my favorite conferences, so I’ll be there; you’ll see me at tutorials, presentations and wandering around the Exhibit hall. (Pictures here from the 2016 ...
    by Published on 02-08-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Apple v. Samsung: Mixed Phone Marriages End in Divorce?-machine-learning-dummies-jpg

I write a lot about data-driven algorithms, in particular those informed by Machine Learning. I thought it would be nice to give the low-down on machine learning for the uninitiated. Below, I discuss four essential questions. The answers are based, in part, from a recent ...
    by Published on 01-31-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Xilinx Programmable Packet Processor-turing-machine-min-jpeg

There’s muttering among computing fundamentalists that perhaps we ought to revisit the definition of computability given recent advances in methods of computing, especially machine learning and quantum computation.

Computability is about what can and cannot be computed, either by a human or non-human computer. ...
    by Published on 01-26-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive,
    3. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: Apple v. Samsung: Mixed Phone Marriages End in Divorce?-nannification-tesla-jpg

I can't tell you how many times I have sat down with executives of large companies and startups who have tried to get me excited about geo-fencing. Geo-fencing is a clever little technology that can allow a device maker to restrict access to a device, service or content when that system roams beyond a particular zone of acceptable use either ...
    by Published on 01-26-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    4. CEVA,
    5. Intel,
    6. TSMC,
    7. Mobile
    Article: Apple v. Samsung: Mixed Phone Marriages End in Divorce?-intel-xmm-7480-jpg

Things just got interesting in the iPhone supply chain with the $1B AAPL Vs QCOM legal action filed this week. For the life of me I could not understand why Apple second sourced the normally QCOM modem in the iPhone 7. It caused quite a stir in the technical community but we could only surmise ...
    by Published on 01-24-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Mixed Phone Marriages End in Divorce?-tragedy-triumph-tesla-jpg

Tesla Motors has done it again. Dragged before the investigators of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), Tesla was found faultless and its vehicles flawless in connection with the fatal Florida crash last year.
    by Published on 01-20-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Clarus SoC Post-Silicon Validation Solution Wiki-ostrich-min-jpeg

It had to happen. We’ve read about hacking deep learning / machine learning, so now there is a discipline emerging around studying and defending against potential attacks. Of course, the nature of attacks isn’t the same; you ...
    by Published on 01-19-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Certus ASIC Prototype Validation Solution Wiki-missteps-securing-autonomous-vehicles-jpg

Recently an autonomous car company highlighted some plans to keep their vehicles safe from hacking. Yet their plans won’t actually make them secure. Such gaffs highlight issues across many different industries where cybersecurity is not sufficiently understood by manufacturers to deliver products hardened against attack. The result, ...
    by Published on 01-18-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Model Driven Development-tech-jobs-min-jpeg

There’s an article published in InfoWorld on jobs trends in several emerging tech areas. The trends are based on analysis of job postings and job-seeker searches from the beginning of 2014, sourced by Indeed.com. I would have ...
    by Published on 01-17-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. Security
    Article Preview

The Internet of Things (IoT) as a concept is fascinating and exciting, but one of the major challenging aspects of IoT is having a secure ecosystem encompassing all building blocks of IoT-architecture. Understanding the different building blocks of IoT, identifying the areas of vulnerability in each block and exploring technologies needed to counter each of the weaknesses are essential in dealing with the security issue of IoT.

Figure 1: IoT Architecture
    IoT architecture can be represented by four building blocks:

• Things: These are defined as uniquely identifiable nodes, primarily sensors that communicate without human interaction using different connectivity methods.

Page 7 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13