You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 12-22-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: TSMC dilemma: Cadence, Mentor or Synopsys?-transport-systems-science-fiction-jpg

Picture the commute of the future: You live in Palo Alto, Calif., but work 350 miles away in Los Angeles. After your morning latte, you click on a smartphone app to summon your digital chauffeur. An autonomous car shows up at your front door three minutes ...
    by Published on 12-22-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    Article Preview

IoT is one of the transformational trends that will shape the future of businesses in 2017 and beyond. Many firms see a big opportunity in #IoT uses and enterprises start to believe that IoT holds the promise to enhance customer relationships and drive business growth by improving quality, productivity, and reliability on one side, and on the other side reducing costs, risk, and theft. By having the right IoT model companies ...
    by Published on 12-22-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Article: 8 Reasons Why I Hate My iPhone 5-floki-bot-jpg

Floki Bot, a new financial oriented malware, is popular with English, Portuguese, and Russian speaking underground criminal markets, winning over cybercriminals with new features and functionality. It is currently being used by a number ...
    by Published on 12-21-2016 12:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. Security
    Design for Verification on the block level-predictions-iot-2017-jpg

Although we are a far cry from Nostradamus, there are some fairly reliable predictions that can be made about 2017 and beyond.

The first bold prediction is that 2017 will see a bump in security, and a demand for skilled workers. Since there will ...
    by Published on 12-21-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article Preview

The U.S. Department of Transportation issued a proposed rule this week which may ultimately require the installation of a communications box in every car manufactured or sold as new in the U.S. The U.S. is alone in the world in pursuing such a mandate and the proposal, which requires years of additional evaluation, testing and definition before adoption, is based on 12-year-old technology that is rapidly being superseded by emerging cellular wireless ...
    by Published on 12-18-2016 02:00 PM  Number of Views: 839 
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: After 10 years promoting crossbar switch for interconnects, Sonics finally admit that NoC is better-playa-min-jpg

My vacation is your worst nightmare. Well, at least that is what the bumper sticker says – it’s referring to Burning Man. It’s well known that among the tens of thousands of people attending this arts festival in Nevada at the end of each Summer there are lots of high tech luminaries. I also have gone many times – not to say that I am a luminary. It’s a common tradition of so-called ‘burners’ to build complex projects to take with them that provide some of the comforts of home and more during the week of survival camping in the Black Rock Desert. Ad hoc showers, aluminum can recycling stations, elaborate cooking arrangements, alternative energy systems, coffee carts, colorful lighting setup, ...
    by Published on 12-18-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    3. Security
    Article: 8 Reasons Why I Hate My iPhone 5-top-iot-news-2016-jpg

2016 will go down as being part of the golden era for the Internet of things. This last year has experienced incredible advancements like cars that drive themselves, and cities that actually smarter. It has also been a learning experience ...
    by Published on 12-18-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article Preview

Uber was on a mighty roll throughout 2016 picking up strategic alliances with Ford Motor Company and Volvo Cars (for test vehicles) adding talent (cybersecurity experts Chris Vlasek and Charlie Miller) and acquisitions (Otto) and rubbing up against university researchers ...
    by Published on 12-15-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive,
    3. Security
    Article: 8 Reasons Why I Hate My iPhone 5-stephen-hawking-wrong-about-planet-jpg

Stephen Hawking made a bold headline last week: “This is the most dangerous time for our planet.”

In an essay in the Guardian, the renowned theoretical physicist wrote: “Whatever we might think about the decision by the British electorate to reject membership of the European Union and by the ...
    by Published on 12-15-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    3. Security
    Article Preview

In the previous blog, Cybercriminals Next Targets: Short Term Dangers (part 1 of 2), I outlined how cybercriminals will use the holiday season to victimize unwary consumers and target businesses. They will also dive deeper into leveraging Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices. The longer-term outlook ...

Page 7 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13