You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 07-16-2017 08:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security,
    3. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: John Cooley (DeepChip.com) is a Tool!-airliners-without-pilots-jpg

Boeing will begin testing pilotless jetliners in 2018. Yes, the future of air travel may include planes without pilots. Just computers and calculations to get passengers safely to their destinations. Advances in Artificial Intelligence (AI) is opening up possibilities to make flying safer, more ...
    by Published on 07-04-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: ASIC Prototyping: Dini Group and Tektronix-nvidia-handles-data-senate-care-jpg

When speaking before the U.S. Senate or Congress one has to choose one’s words carefully. The temptation, when one is speaking before legislators and microphones and cameras, is to tell it like it is and speak truth to power. The reality is that the power of the legislators and the microphones and the cameras must be respected and, consequently, words must be chosen carefully.
    by Published on 07-02-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. FD-SOI,
    4. Automotive
    Article: Designing with FinFETs-bosch-fab-2017-jpg

There has been quite a bit of coverage on this already but Bosch building a fab in Dresden is a big deal so let me share my experience, observation, and opinion as us bloggers do. The $1.1B question of course is: Why didn't Bosch invest in ...
    by Published on 06-29-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Is The Fabless Semiconductor Ecosystem at Risk?-dsrc-road-ridiculous-jpg

Stupid has a home and that home is in Macomb County, Michigan. It is here, we learn from The Detroit News, that General Motors Co. has decided to test the use of wireless technology in conjunction with roadside QR code signs to transmit vital traffic information to passing cars. Those messages will only be communicated ...
    by Published on 06-24-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    -img_3706-1-jpg

This was my 34th DAC, yes 34. It is a shame blogging did not exist back then because I would have liked to have read thoughts from my eager young mind, or maybe not. The first thing that struck me this year is the great content. Before DAC I review the ...
    by Published on 06-23-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Article: Dear Santa, please bring technology that brings us together-ransomware-crushes-company-jpg

A South Korean web hosting company struggles for survival after agreeing to pay a ransomware extortion of $1 million to hackers.

New Record for Ransomware
    Nayana, the South Korean web hosting firm, suffered a ransomware attack that resulted in 153 infected Linux servers. The resulting data that was encrypted by ...
    by Published on 06-23-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Automotive
    Article: How much SRAM proportion could be integrated in SoC at 20 nm and below?-austemper-tool-suite-min-jpg

It takes courage and perhaps even a little insanity to start a new EDA venture these days – unless you have a decently differentiated value proposition in a hot market. One company that caught my eye, Austemper, seems to measure ...
    by Published on 06-22-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Introduction to FinFET technology Part I-amazon-eating-whole-foods-jpg

I doubt that Google and Microsoft ever worried about the prospect that a book retailer, Amazon, would come to lead one of their highest-growth markets: cloud services. And I doubt that Apple ever feared that Amazon’s Alexa would eat Apple’s Siri for lunch.

For that matter, the taxi industry couldn’t have ...
    by Published on 06-21-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: Designing with FinFETs-matrix-min-jpeg

A little self-indulgence for the season, to lighten the relentless diet of DAC updates. I found a recent Wired article based on a TED talk on consciousness. The speaker drew a conclusion that consciousness was not something that could ever be captured in a machine and was a unique ...
    by Published on 06-19-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: "Death of Equities" = A Silicon Valley Revival-ai-end-jobs-jpg

Artificial Intelligence (AI) is advancing so rapidly that even its developers are being caught off guard. Google co-founder Sergey Brin said in Davos, Switzerland, in January that it “touches every single one of our main projects, ranging from search to photos to ads … everything we do … it definitely surprised me, even ...

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9