You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• The Front Page

by Published on 05-06-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    CBRAM Technology Wiki-dac-min-jpg

I'm attending the 53rd Design Automation Conference (DAC) in Austin, Texas starting June 5th, and there are at least seven reasons that you should consider attending as well. For decades now DAC has been the premier place for all the players in our semiconductor ecosystem to get together: Academics, Commercial vendors in EDA, foundries, semiconductor IP, and media.

by Published on 05-05-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Silicon Photonics
    Article Preview

Back in 1983 I was working for Texas Instruments during the beginning of the push to let common electrical engineers develop their own CMOS application specific ICs (ASICs). This would eventually the be the fuel that ...
    by Published on 05-05-2016 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ARM,
    4. Mobile
    Article Preview

Last Thursday at Qualcomm's Financial Analyst Day the company made a slew of chip announcements ranging from the industry's 1 Gbps wireless LTE modem to a custom designed smartwatch SoC and platform called "Snapdragon Wear 2100 SoC". In between those, Qualcomm also announced ...
    by Published on 05-03-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: A Brief History of EDA-silicon-valley-map-jpg

A trait shared by the fastest growing and most disruptive companies in history - Google, Amazon, Uber, AirBnb, and eBay - is that they aren't focused on selling products, they are building platforms. The ability to leverage the network effects of a platform is something that the technology ...
    by Published on 05-01-2016 06:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Silicon Photonics
    Article: A Brief History of the Fabless Semiconductor Industry-mind_the_gap-jpg

I've been doing a lot of reading on silicon photonics lately and I've come to realize that while there is much written on the development of individual silicon photonic components and devices (modulators, ...
    by Published on 05-01-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    Emulation Wiki-iotservices-jpg

As with any new technology, businesses will need to find quantifiable benefits in the Internet of Things before the concept is embraced and implemented. It could be argued that connected devices are already being adopted on a wide scale: companies like Microsoft, Amazon, ...
    by Published on 05-01-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Mobile
    FinFET Wiki-qualcomm-x16-lte-modem-jpg

Qualcomm has been the global unit and revenue market share leader for years in modem technologies used in smartphones, tablets, PCs and IoT (Internet of Things). One of the reasons they have maintained this lead for so long is that they are typically first to market with new generations of modems. Today at their investor conference, they announced ...
    by Published on 04-27-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things
    FPGA Simulation Wiki-why-iot-needs-fog-computing-jpg

The Internet of Things (IoT) is one of the hottest mega-trends in technology - and for good reason , IoT deals with all the components of what we consider web 3.0 including Big Data Analytics, Cloud Computing and Mobile Computing.
    by Published on 04-26-2016 02:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. STMicroelectronics,
    4. FD-SOI
    System Design and Verification-fullsizerender-3-jpg

We in Semiwiki are writing about FD-SOI since 2012, describing all the benefits offered by the technology in term of power consumption, price per performance compared with FinFET, etc. Let me assess again that I am fully convinced that FD-SOI is a very smart and efficient way to escape ...
    by Published on 04-26-2016 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Aldec Multimedia Wiki-stop-dashboard-insanity-min-jpg

Speaking as part of the digital track at this week's NAB confab, John Ellis proclaimed the demise of the dashboard radio in the coming world of automated vehicles. The headline reporting his talk in Tom Taylor's newsletter was “Radio is on a path to extinction in the vehicle.” There's no point in being subtle if you're John Ellis ...
    Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast