You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts RSS Feed

by Published on 09-21-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics,
    4. Automotive
    Article: Microprocessor Test and Verification 2012-automotive-electronics-landscape-jpg

Mentor President and CEO Walden Rhines gave a comprehensive overview of the automotive electronics landscape at the Mentor Integrated Electrical Solutions Forum (IESF) in Plymouth, Mich., this week. A key focal point of Rhinesí comments was the twin industry ...
    by Published on 09-21-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Synopsys
    Article: Introduction to FinFET Technology Part III-power-exploration-flow-min-jpg

You can save a lot of power in a design by gating clocks. For much of the time in a complex multi-function design, many (often most) of the clocks are toggling registers whose input values arenít changing. Which means that those toggles are changing nothing functionally ...
    by Published on 09-20-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Cliosoft,
    4. IoT Internet of Things
    Article: Variation-Aware Design: A Hands-on Field Guide-designhub-min-jpg

Design data management has always been important. Board designers have known this for decades as they had to have ways to keep all their discreet components organized and understood. Sourcing components is not easy as it means hours of reading and reviewing specifications, ...
    by Published on 09-20-2017 05:00 AM  Number of Views: 576 
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Semitracks
    Article: Double Patterning Exposed!-wafer-map-low-yield-jpg

One of the most important aspects of any manufacturing effort is the yield of the process. Today, the investment in facilities, equipment and materials is so high that consistently high yields are ...
    by Published on 09-19-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Cadence,
    4. FinFET
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-sia-min-jpg

My IC design career started out with DRAM design, characterization and verification back in the 1970's, so I vividly recall how much SPICE circuit simulation was involved, and how little automation we had back in the day, so we tended to cobble together our own scripts to help automate the process a bit. With each ...
    by Published on 09-19-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. FPGA,
    4. Aldec
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-aldec-hes-min-jpg

I earlier wrote a piece to make you aware of a webinar to be hosted by Aldec on some of their capabilities for partitioning large designs for prototyping. That webinar has now been broadcast and I have provided a link to the recorded version at the end ...
    by Published on 09-18-2017 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Semiconductor Advisors
    Article: Double Patterning Exposed!-lattice-semiconductor-jpg

Although the rejection of the Lattice deal was expected, it none the less has an impact on a number of dynamics in the chip industry and further M&A and consolidation. Freezing out China removes a "catalyst" in the market which help bid up values and add fear to both potential targets or those left out. Cross border deals are obviously more difficult to get done and even small deals with China will likely be put under a microscope now.

The Xcerra deal is likely very safe given ...
    by Published on 09-18-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-atoptech-logo-png

One of the biggest surprises at the TSMC OIP Forum last week was the reappearance of bankrupt EDA vendor ATopTech. I spoke with former ATopTech CEO and now Avatar IS President Jue-Hsien Chern at OIP. As a survivor of several EDA legal battles myself, I understand what ATopTech went through and I am thoroughly ...
    by Published on 09-17-2017 03:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: How Apple Plans to Leverage Intel's Foundry-brcair-min-jpg

I often use this space to report on industry events I have attended and what I have learned at them. So, this article will be a slight, but not complete, departure from this. I am reporting on my experiences at Burning Man this year. For the unacquainted, Burning Man is a temporary city of around 70,000 people in a remote desert-like dry lake bed in Northern Nevada. The Black ...
    by Published on 09-15-2017 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics,
    4. Automotive
    Article: Improving FPGA Prototype Debugging-bosch-min-jpg

Some of the worldís most complex Systems-on-Chip (SoCs) are being developed for automotive applications. These SoCs have heterogeneous architectures with a variety of processors and accelerators that do real-time image processing for assisted and autonomous driving applications. ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7