You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts (Front Page) RSS Feed

by Published on 05-21-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Cadence,
    4. Events,
    5. Automotive,
    6. Artificial Intelligence
    Article Preview

The recent fatal accident involving an UBER autonomous car, was reportedly not caused - as initially assumed - by a failure of the many sensors on the car to recognize the cyclist. It was instead caused by a failure of the software to take the right decision in regard to that "object". The system apparently considered it a false positive, as "something" not important ...
    by Published on 05-21-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. AnaGlobe
    Want to learn 20 nm layout techniques!-yi-jen-su-2.jpg

AnaGlobe Technology, Inc. is a leader in layout integration solutions that have been adopted by world-wide technology leading companies including the foundries, fabless, design services, packaging, panel, and IP companies. I know several of Anaglobe's customers and am happy to work with them, absolutely.

The following is a Q&A discussion with YJ ...
    by Published on 05-20-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Semiconductor Advisors
    Article: Predictions are hard, especially about the future-chip-equipment.jpg

We may know the top, do we know the bottom? What is the downside in NAND, DRAM, Foundry. Can China help or is risk worse than upside?

It would appear that our concerns in our preview piece prior to the AMAT call came true as the stock now has a "4" handle, NAND is in question and display is down.

However its not like business ...
    by Published on 05-20-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    Biggest Challenge of Adoption of 3D IC Technology-amat-chip-equipment.jpg

"Puts & Takes" "Reduced NAND Expectations" 2019 to be down from 2018. Applied Materials reported a good quarter coming in at $1.22 EPS and $4.567B in revenues versus street of $1.14 and $4.45B.

However if we back out the buy back of 4% it would have been around $1.17 so a slight beat. Guidance was for EPS of $1.17 +-4 cents versus street of $1.16 but revenues of $4.43B +- $100M ...
    by Published on 05-18-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Silvaco,
    4. FinFET
    Want to learn 20 nm layout techniques!-c2ed9603-b346-4edc-ad93-f772e6f28d29.jpg

It was 1988 when I got into SPICE (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis) while I was characterizing a 1.5 μm Standard cell library developed by students at my Alma-Mata Furtwangen University in Germany. My professor Dr. Nielinger was not only my advisor he also wrote the first SPICE bible in German language. At that time SPICE simulation was already established as the “golden” Simulator for circuit design for over a decade - and remains so to this day.
    by Published on 05-18-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    Article: The First 14nm FinFET Wafer Sighting!-trump-china.jpg

We have been watching the ZTE saga play out on the public stage as we think it is an extremely important leading example of how the administration will truly act. As we all know, actions speak louder than words, and in the case of ZTE our words said one thing and our actions said something else. We need to analyze what the actions really mean about trade issues that impact technology and China as ZTE was perhaps both the first real test as well as the poster child for China trade issues.
    by Published on 05-17-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Cadence,
    4. Automotive
    Article: The First 14nm FinFET Wafer Sighting!-caption.jpg

This week Cadence introduced Legato™ Reliability Solution, intended to address increased challenges in designing high-reliability analog and mixed-signal ICs for automotive, industrial, aerospace and defense applications.
    by Published on 05-17-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Synopsys
    Article: Predictions are hard, especially about the future-fusion-technology-min.jpg

It might seem I am straying from my normal beat in talking about implementation; after all, I normally write on systems, applications and front-end design. But while I’m not an expert in implementation, I was curious to understand how the trending applications of ...
    by Published on 05-16-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Article: IC Design at Analog Bits-5-ways-gain-advantage-over-cyber-attackers.jpg

Asymmetric attacks, like those in cybersecurity, benefit the aggressor by maintaining the 'combat initiative'. That is, they determine who is targeted, how, when, and where attacks occur. Defenders are largely relegated to preparing and responding to the attacker’s tempo and actions. This is a huge advantage.

Awakening Business
    The business world is beginning to ...
    by Published on 05-16-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ARM,
    4. SiFive,
    5. RISC-V
    Article: The First 14nm FinFET Wafer Sighting!-mobile-unleashed-front-cover.jpg

Publishing a book on the history of ARM was an incredible experience. In business it is always important to remember how you got to where you are today to better prepare for where you are going tomorrow. The book “Mobile Unleashed” started at the beginning of ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7