You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts (Front Page) RSS Feed

by Published on 12-11-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. IoT Internet of Things,
    3. Security
    Article: FinFET Modeling and Extraction at 16-nm-snps_security_ip-min.jpg

As the internet of things (IoT) continues its climb to a trillion devices, there has been many articles and books written on the need for securing those devices. With all the IoT gear that I seem to be picking up as Christmas presents, I feel like Iím doing my part to help the market get there, but I have to say, ...
    by Published on 12-11-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. FPGA
    Article: Double Patterning Tutorial-exostiv-ultrascale.jpg

Productivity is notoriously hard to sell. I recently visited a company where the engineering team wanted to evaluate one of our FPGA debug and analysis products on an existing board. This board had an FPGA that we supported and had all the required connectivity - it could just be used Ďout of the boxí. Our tool - Exostiv - involves the insertion of a debug IP in the FPGA. We offered to set up the tool with the ...
    by Published on 12-10-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Need help with TSUPREME4 and MEDICI.-top-cybersecurity-concerns-wrong.jpg

A recent survey by Varonis of 500 security professionals from the U.S., UK, and France highlights the top three cybersecurity concern for 2018: Data Loss, Data Theft, and Ransomware. Sadly, we are overlooking the bigger problems!

Missed the Target by a Mile
    I think
    by Published on 12-08-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Events,
    4. Open-Silicon
    Article Preview

The second annual REUSE conference is next week bringing the fabless semiconductor ecosystem together for a day of food, fun, and some very interesting presentations. It's at the Santa Clara Convention Center this year which is nice and it is FREE! More importantly, there will be 30+ vendors in the ...
    by Published on 12-07-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics,
    4. FinFET
    Article: A Brief History of Berkeley Design Automation-calibre-performance-improvements-min.jpg

One might be tempted to think that technology driven gains in computer performance might be enough to keep up with the needs of design and verification tools. We know that design complexity is increasing at a rate predicted by Mooreís Law. We also know that the performance of the computers ...
    by Published on 12-07-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Automotive,
    4. Consensia
    Article Preview

Given that SoC design today is predicated on IP reuse, you would assume that processes to deliver, maintain and communicate status on reusable IP should be highly optimized. But thatís not necessarily the case, especially when so many design companies ...
    by Published on 12-06-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Events,
    4. Silicon Creations,
    5. Automotive
    Article Preview

To ensure the reliability of automotive electronics, standards like AEC-Q100 and ISO 26262 have helped tremendously. They have created rational and explicit steps for developing and testing the electronic systems that go into ...
    by Published on 12-06-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. FPGA,
    4. S2C
    Article Preview

FPGA prototyping is very popular in modeling hardware for early system prove-out, early embedded software development, as a cost-effective and performance-effective platform for software-driven hardware debug and for late-stage software debug, all before silicon is available. ...
    by Published on 12-05-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. IoT Internet of Things,
    4. Intrinsix
    Article Preview

Have you ever had a great idea for a new product but then stopped short of following through on it because of the complexities involved to implement it? Itís frustrating to say the least. It is especially frustrating, when the crux of your idea is simple, but complexity arises from ...
    by Published on 12-05-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. FPGA,
    4. Cadence
    Article: Double Patterning Tutorial-palladium-protium-min.jpg

I think most of us have come to terms with the need for multiple verification platforms, from virtual prototyping, through static and formal verification, to simulation, emulation and FPGA-based prototyping. The verification problem space is ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7