You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts (Front Page) RSS Feed

by Published on 11-21-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Thermo-Mechanical Simulation of 3D Stack Assembly Process-japan-inc.-brink-min.jpg

Japan has had an incredible run in technology, but the past decade has seen a reversal of fortune. Consumer electronics powerhouses such as Pioneer, Panasonic, Sharp and many others have been humbled by the commoditization of their hardware and a shift in market share to Asian competitors.
    by Published on 11-21-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. ANSYS, Inc.,
    4. Automotive
    Article: A Brief History of Synopsys-elephant-autonomous-car-min.jpg

I was driving recently on highway 87 (San Jose) and wanted to merge left. I checked my side-mirror, checked the blind-spot detector, saw no problems and started to move over – and quickly swerved back when a car shot by on my left. What went wrong? My ...
    by Published on 11-20-2017 04:00 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics,
    4. Solido
    Article: Apple Will NOT Manufacture SoCs at Intel-solido-right-design.jpg

I say finally because it was a long time coming... almost ten years to be exact. I started doing business development work for both Solido and Berkeley Design Automation about ten years ago and have been trying to put them together ever since. The synergy was obvious, like peanut ...
    by Published on 11-20-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Semiconductor Intelligence
    Article: Apple Will NOT Manufacture SoCs at Intel-ee-sept.jpg

Production of electronic equipment is continuing healthy growth. China, the world’s largest producer of electronics, had a three-month-average increase of 14% in October 2017 versus a year ago. Year-to-date ...
    by Published on 11-20-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    3. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    4. TSMC,
    5. eSilicon,
    6. FinFET,
    7. Artificial Intelligence
    Thermo-Mechanical Simulation of 3D Stack Assembly Process-groq-website.jpg

One of the more exciting design start market segments that we track is Artificial Intelligence related ASICs. With NVIDIA making billions upon billions of dollars repurposing GPUs as AI engines in the cloud, the Application Specific Integrated Circuit business was sure to follow. Google now has its Tensor Processing Unit, Intel has its Nervana chip (they acquired ...
    by Published on 11-19-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Security
    Article: A Brief History of Synopsys-cybersecurity-lnot-onlyl-about-technology.jpg

One of the biggest misconceptions is thinking cybersecurity is only about technology. When in fact, people and their behaviors, play a prominent role in almost every aspect of protecting digital assets. Without proper consideration for the human element, security strategies are destined to fail miserably. ...
    by Published on 11-17-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    3. IoT Internet of Things,
    4. Open-Silicon
    Article: ST Microelectronics: Strategic Options-book-min.jpg

We are fortunate to be living in one of the most amazing and exciting times in the history of our planet. The developments seen in my life time alone have been astounding and we are now on the cusp of yet another inflection point. The ...
    by Published on 11-17-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Cadence,
    4. Mobile
    Article: Formal Verification at ARM-imaging-vision-dsp-min.jpg

Cadence has recently announced two key design-in for their Vision DSP IP family: MediaTek’s Helio P30 integrates the Tensilica Vision P5 DSP and HiSilicon has selected the Cadence® Tensilica® Vision P6 DSP for its 10nm Kirin 970 mobile application processor. The Kirin 970 being integrated into Huawei’s new Mate 10 Series mobile phones (HiSilicon is a subsidiary of Huawei), we can expect ...
    by Published on 11-16-2017 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. FPGA
    SVA : System Verilog Assertions - Dynamic Control Methods to control Assertions-scale-tools-not-your-expectations.jpg

The complexity of silicon chips is exploding. Actually, it has been growing at a tremendous speed for decades. So far, the semiconductor industry has been successful at providing new ways to master new levels of complexity, over and over again.

Standardizing hardware platforms, using higher-level languages with a knowledge of the underlying hardware ...
    by Published on 11-16-2017 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics,
    4. Automotive
    Try out some PCB tools virtually, nothing to install or license-fc_catapultarch12n_0317-min.jpg

Automotive markets have added pressure on semiconductor/systems design through demand for ISO26262 compliance – this we all know. But they have also changed the mix of important design types. Once class of design that has become very significant in ADAS, and ultimately ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7