You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 08-20-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Synopsys,
    4. GlobalFoundries,
    5. TSMC,
    6. Events,
    7. Samsung Foundry,
    8. FD-SOI,
    9. FinFET
    Article: How We Got Here...-arm-tsmc-synopsys-55dac.jpg

One of my favorite traditions at the Design Automation Conference is the Synopsys foundry events (the videos are now available). I learned a long time ago that the foundries are the foundation of the fabless semiconductor ecosystem and your relationships with the foundries can make ...
    by Published on 08-19-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. TSMC,
    4. Samsung Foundry,
    5. Semiconductor Advisors
    Article: First Time, Every Time-tsmc-samsung.jpg

Applied reported a more or less in line quarter, slightly beating weaker expectations. As we had projected, the October quarter is expected to have revenues down 10% which is at the low end of our expected 10-15% drop in business. Applied services helped partially make up for some ...
    by Published on 08-19-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. Semiconductor Advisors
    Article: New PCI Express 3.0 Equalization Requirements-us-china-trade.jpg

Applied Materials (AMAT) is batting clean up in a quarter that has not been pretty. Lately semi stocks seem to have been hit by not only stock specific issues but continued and increasing memory concerns coupled with more macro issues. On top of all this, China trade issues which have in the meantime taken a back burner to other issues threaten to boil over yet again.
    by Published on 08-17-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Semiconductor Services,
    4. eSilicon,
    5. FinFET
    Article: FD-SOI is Worth More Than Two Cores-esilicon-serdes-7nm.jpg

The Linley Group is an industry-leading source for independent technology analysis of semiconductors for networking, communications, mobile, and data-center applications. Their Microprocessor Report is widely read as a source of un-biased, no-nonsense analysis of technologies ...
    by Published on 08-17-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Wally Rhines
    Article: Mobile SoCs: Two Cores are Better Than Four?-rich-templeton-ti.jpg

This is the eleventh in the series of "20 Questions with Wally Rhines"

In high technology, there are numerous instances of highly productive groups coming together and generating game-changing ideas and products. This happened at Shockley Semiconductor in the 1960s when Gordon ...
    by Published on 08-16-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Synopsys,
    4. Automotive
    Article: Mobile SoCs: Two Cores are Better Than Four?-adas-min-l1l.jpg

From my restaurant seat today in Lake Oswego, Oregon I watched as an SUV driver backed out and nearly collided with a parked car, so I wanted to wave my arms or start shouting to the driver to warn them about the collision. Cases like this are a daily occurrence to those of us who drive or watch other drivers on the road, so the promises of using Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) is especially relevant in keeping us alive and injury free. I did some online research to better understand ...
    by Published on 08-16-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Semiconductor Services,
    4. ANSYS, Inc.,
    5. eSilicon
    Article: Common Platform Technology Forum February 5th 2013 Live or Online!-dc-power-integrity-min.jpg

While I missed ANSYS (and indeed everyone else) at DAC this year, I was able to attend the ANSYS Innovation Conference last week at the Santa Clara Convention Center. My primary purpose for being there was to listen to a talk by eSilicon ...
    by Published on 08-15-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Magillem,
    4. ArterisIP
    Article: Mobile SoCs: Two Cores are Better Than Four?-caption1.jpg

Deterministic, yet versatile. Robust and integrated, yet user-friendly and easily customizable. Those are some desirable characteristics of an EDA solution as the boundaries of our design optimization, verification and analysis keep shifting. A left shift driven by a time-to-market schedule compression, while the process and application complexities keep pushing it in the opposite direction. ...
    by Published on 08-15-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Which way the semiconductor industry is going?-silicon-valley-innovation.jpg

Silicon Valley well exemplifies the saying “The more things change, the more they stay the same”. Very little has changed over the past decade, with the Valley still mired in myth and stale stereotype. Ask any older entrepreneurs or women who have tried to get financing; they will tell you of the walls they keep hitting. Speak to VCs, and you will realize that they still consider themselves kings and kingmakers.

With China’s innovation ...
    by Published on 08-14-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Cadence,
    4. Events
    Article: Mobile SoCs: Two Cores are Better Than Four?-cadence-min.jpg

Create a panel discussion about analog IC design and reliability and my curiosity is instantly piqued, so I attended a luncheon discussion at #55DAC moderated by Steven Lewis of Cadence. The panelists were quite deep in their specialized fields: ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7