You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Experts (Front Page) RSS Feed

by Published on 01-16-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: Cadence 3D Methodology-cnn-architecture-min.jpg

No, not the news network though I confess I am curious to see how many initial hits that title attracts. Then I clarify that I’m talking about convolutional neural nets, and my would-be social media fame evaporates. Oh well – for those few of you still with me, CNNs ...
    by Published on 01-15-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. FPGA,
    4. Achronix
    Article: Intel 22nm SoC Process Exposed!-achronix-embedded-core.jpg

Buying IP is just a little bit more complicated than buying a pair of shoes. A lot of IP is configurable and requires attention to various design and configuration parameters. We live in an age where commercial ...
    by Published on 01-15-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers
    Article: Intel 22nm SoC Process Exposed!-hock-tan-donald-trump.jpg

The Broadcom acquiring Qualcomm drama is still dominating the fabless semiconductor back channel. This week I will be at the SEMI ISS Conference with Scott Jones and several hundred high level semiconductor professionals so it will be interesting ...
    by Published on 01-12-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics
    Article: Intel 22nm SoC Process Exposed!-cmp-min.jpg

I recently read a new white paper release by Mentor, a Siemens Business, that delved into the intricacies of Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) and I got a sense of Déjà vu. My professional career in the IC industry started at Texas instruments and the white paper made ...
    by Published on 01-12-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Synopsys,
    4. Automotive,
    5. Security
    What Keeps the executives of Semiconductor awake at night?-1-aaasil-fmeda-min.jpg

According with McKinsey, “analysts predict revenue growth for advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) to be up to 29 percent, giving the segment one of the highest growth rates in the automotive and related industries.” Design cycle in automotive segment is much longer than in segments like mobile, PC or consumer. If you expect to see ADAS powered or ...
    by Published on 01-11-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design
    Article: GLOBALFOUNDRIES and Mentor Develop Methods to Identify Critical Features in IC Designs-calibretshirt1998.jpg

Being new in Ottawa and trying to get some momentum towards automation in full custom layout I was telling industry people that I am interested to work with everybody to move this agenda forward. My Director of Engineering at that time, Peter Gillingham, ...
    by Published on 01-11-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. FPGA,
    4. Aldec,
    5. Automotive
    Article: Cadence 3D Methodology-standards-min.jpeg

It’s near-impossible to read anything today about electronic design for cars without running into the ISO 26262 standard. If you design airborne electronic hardware, you’re likely very familiar with the DO-254 standard. But what do you do if you want to design a product ...
    by Published on 01-10-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. General,
    4. Events
    Article: Equipment Down 16% in 2012, Flat to Down in 2013-strava-min.jpg

I'm an avid road bike enthusiast having just completed my 2017 goal of 13,000 miles, so follow me on Strava if you want to see the routes and photo adventures I have in Oregon. In the photo below I'm the guy in the middle with the Portland Velo jersey on and we're in a parking lot just 2 blocks away from Intel's Ronler Acres site in Hillsboro.
    by Published on 01-10-2018 06:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. FPGA,
    4. Achronix
    Article: Intel 22nm SoC Process Exposed!-achronix-traditional-fpga-min.jpg

FPGA programmable logic has served in many capacities since it was introduced back in the early 80’s. Recently, with designers looking for innovative ways to boost system performance, FPGA’s have moved front and center. This initiative has taken ...
    by Published on 01-09-2018 11:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Events
    SVA : System Verilog Assertion is for Designer too!!-french-tech-night-ces-2016.jpg

France exposure will be very strong at Las Vegas CES this year, the 3rd country with 365 companies, behind USA and China. If you just take the start-up number into account, 274 French start-ups will be present, just behind the USA with 280 start-ups! If you look back, it’s a great jump compared with 2017 (178 start-up) and even greater with 2015 when only 66 French start-ups ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7