You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 03-19-2019 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. SiFive,
    4. RISC-V
    Article: Intel's x86 - Foundry Breakup Comes into View-si5_12_n.jpg

During the afternoon session of the Symposium, Jack Kang, SiFive VP sales then addressed the RISC-V Core IP for vertical markets from consumer/smart home/wearables to storage/networking/5G to ML/edge. Embedding intelligence from the edge to the cloud can occur with U Cores 64-bit Application Processors, S Cores 64-bit Embedded Processors, ...
    by Published on 03-19-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ArterisIP,
    4. Sonics,
    5. NetSpeed Systems
    -sonics-facebook-logo.jpg

What does Qualcomm, Intel, and Facebook have in common? Well, for one thing they all bought network onchip communications (NoC) IP companies. As I have mentioned before, semiconductor IP is the foundation of the fabless semiconductor ecosystem and I believe this trend of ...
    by Published on 03-18-2019 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. SiFive,
    4. RISC-V
    Article: SPICE Circuit Simulation at STMicroelectronics-si5_1_n.jpg

SiFive held a RISC-V Technology Symposium on February 26 at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View. Keith Witek, SiFive SVP Corporate Development and Strategy kicked off the event and introduced the first keynote speaker Martin Fink, Western Digital CTO, at the time acting CEO of the RISC-V Foundation (as of this writing, Calista Redmond was just appointed the new CEO of ...
    by Published on 03-18-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics,
    4. Events
    Article: Intel's x86 - Foundry Breakup Comes into View-boeing-373-max-grounded.jpg

There was an interesting keynote at DVCon last month. It was titled “Thriving in the Age of Digitalization” which introduced the concept of digital twins for design and production. It was presented by Fram Akiki who is a relative newcomer to EDA but has an interesting history ...
    by Published on 03-17-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Cadence ♥ ClioSoft!-i-finally-understand-brexit.jpg

I have gazed across the Pond in bafflement over Brexit until two days ago. I now grasp the depth and breadth of British anxiety over political and legal ties to Brussels and it boils down to regulatory over-reach.

Yesterday, the European Commission announced that it had adopted new rules “stepping up the deployment of Cooperative Intelligent Transport Systems (C-ITS) on Europe's roads.” What the commission has actually done is to create ...
    by Published on 03-15-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. Events
    Article: TSMC ♥ Cadence-fcmn_2019_800x188.jpg

On April 2 – 4, the 2019 International Conference on Frontiers of Characterization and Metrology for Nanoelectronics (FCMN) will be held at the Monterey Marriott in Monterey, CA. The 2019 FCMN is the 12th in the series that began in 1995 with a keynote talk by Craig Barrett, ex-CEO of Intel.

by Published on 03-15-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Services,
    3. ESDA Alliance,
    4. Events

I had a chat with Bob Smith, Executive Director of ESD Alliance, about the upcoming SEMI conference in China. More than 100,000 people are expected to attend which is beyond my comprehension. SEMICON in San Francisco is maybe 20,000 people which is the largest conference I attend. I’m not ...
    by Published on 03-14-2019 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Methodics,
    4. General
    Article: TSMC ♥ Cadence-requirements-design-verification-min.jpg

The IC design and verification process can be comprised of many independent point tools, or for more synergy you can have tools that work together by a more synergistic process. We've all heard the maxim, "Work smarter, not harder." A white paper just came out from Methodics on a smarter approach, Traceability for the Design Verification Process, so I've taken the time to read the 9 pages and then present my findings. The three activities in ...
    by Published on 03-14-2019 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Events,
    4. Silvaco
    Article: No EUV before 7nm?-nanometer-library-characterization.jpg

As you may know, Silvaco has done some very clever acquisitions to fuel their unprecedented growth over the last five years. We have a wiki that tracks EDA Mergers and Acquisitions, Silvaco included, and it is the most viewed wiki on SemiWiki.com with 102,005 views thus far.
    by Published on 03-13-2019 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. FPGA,
    4. ArterisIP,
    5. IoT Internet of Things,
    6. Automotive,
    7. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: SHIELDing the Android GPU developer in C-market-segmentation-min.jpeg

One of the great pleasures in what I do is to work with people who are working with people in some of the hottest design areas today. A second-level indirect to be sure but that gives me the luxury of taking a broad view. A recent discussion I had with Kurt ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7