You are currently viewing SemiWiki as a guest which gives you limited access to the site. To view blog comments and experience other SemiWiki features you must be a registered member. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

• Semiconductor Expert Forum RSS Feed

by Published on 09-20-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. ArterisIP,
    4. Automotive
    Article: Apple Makes More on iPhone Than Samsung on Everything-effiecient-noc-safety-management-asil-d-min.jpg

The ISO 26262 standard defines four Automotive Safety Integrity Levels (ASILs), from A to D, technically measures of risk rather than safety mechanisms, of which ASIL-D is the highest. ASIL-D represents a failure potentially causing severe or fatal ...
    by Published on 09-19-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. eSilicon,
    4. Artificial Intelligence
    Article: Apple Makes More on iPhone Than Samsung on Everything-figure.jpg

A robust, proven library of IP is a critical enabler for the entire semiconductor ecosystem. Without it, ASIC design is pretty much impossible, given time-to-market pressures. Said another way, designing IP for your next chip simply doesn’t fit the schedule – most ...
    by Published on 09-19-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor IP,
    3. Dolphin Integration
    How to know,calculate the Cox,mobility values from model files-energy-vs-voltage-min.jpg

This blog is the synthesis of a white paper “New Power Management IP Solution from Dolphin Integration can dramatically increase SoC Energy Efficiency”, which can be found on Dolphin Integration web site.

The power consumption generated by complex chips was not a real issue when the system could be simply plugged in the wall to receive electricity. The most ...
    by Published on 09-18-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. Mentor Graphics
    Article: Mobile SoCs: Two Cores are Better Than Four?-tsmc-towerjazz-mentor-min.jpg

Reliability of ICs isn't a new thing, because back in 1980 I was investigating why a DRAM chip using 6um technology was having yield loss due to electromigration effects. I recall looking through a microscope at a DRAM layout and slowly ramping up the Vdd level then suddenly the shiny aluminum interconnect started to change colors and actually bubble because of the high currents, then the metal evaporated. We never could identify ...
    by Published on 09-18-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Design,
    3. ANSYS, Inc.
    Article: Over-under: Apple, 52M iPhones in 4Q-fortune-teller-min.jpeg

Check this webinar out – Mediatek will share a novel approach to early IR drop estimation. Competition in system design has become even more intense because potential markets are huge and there are more players with deep pockets chasing those markets. Wherever you ...
    by Published on 09-17-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Semiconductor Manufacturers,
    3. GlobalFoundries,
    4. TSMC,
    5. Samsung Foundry
    Article: Apple Makes More on iPhone Than Samsung on Everything-globalfoundries-umc.jpg

One of the interesting rumors in Taiwan last week was the possibility that UMC and GF will do a deal to merge or UMC will buy some GF fabs. I have talked to quite a few industry experts about it and will talk to more this week at the GSA US Executive Forum (more at the end). The US Executive Forum is what they call a C Level event which means it is invitation only and expensive.

This year’s program looks very good. Notice the heavy AI emphasis, as I have said many times before AI ...
    by Published on 09-17-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    -facebook-whatsapp-flawed.jpg

Facebook’s woes are spreading globally, first from the U.S., then to Europe and now in Asia. A study by researchers at the University of Warwick in the U.K. has conclusively established that Facebook has been fanning the flames of hatred in Germany. The study found that the rich and the poor, the educated and the uneducated, and those living ...
    by Published on 09-14-2018 05:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Wally Rhines
    Article: Is the RTL Design Flow Broken?-analysis-tools-1986.jpg

This is the fifteenth in the series of "20 Questions with Wally Rhines"

During 1980 and 1981, three companies, Daisy, Mentor and Valid were founded. Daisy and Valid attacked the computer automated design business with custom hardware workstations plus software to provide the unique capabilities required ...
    by Published on 09-13-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. Automotive
    Article: Apple Makes More on iPhone Than Samsung on Everything-hurricane-florence.jpg

Here we go again. A hurricane is closing in on the U.S. East Coast and General Motors' OnStar connected car team - now part of something called Global Connected Consumer Experience - is AWOL.

While mandatory evacuations ...
    by Published on 09-11-2018 10:00 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. General
    Article: Battling SoCs: QCOM vs NVDA vs Samsung-what-world-shouldnt-learn-silicon-valley.jpg

Learn all you can from the entrepreneurs of Silicon Valley but don’t become like them. This was my advice to a group of 91 Indian students who are visiting here on a program sponsored by Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje. In a talk I gave this weekend, I encouraged them to take ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7