[category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => General
    [category_nicename] => general
    [category_parent] => 0
)

Communication with Smart, Connected Devices and AI

Communication with Smart, Connected Devices and AI
by Daniel Payne on 04-12-2017 at 12:00 pm

I’ve lived and worked in Silicon Valley for 13 years, but since 1995 I’ve been in the Silicon Rainforest (aka Oregon) where the world’s number one semiconductor company Intel, has a large presence, along with dozens of smaller high-tech firms. In the past year I’ve started to attend events organized by the SEMI Pacific Northwest Chapter. On April 21st they are presenting an interesting breakfast forum entitled, “The Future of Communication: from Smart & Connected Devices to Artificial Intelligence and Beyond”. I’ll be attending and blogging about this forum, so stay tuned for my April blog.

Here’s what to expect in this SEMI breakfast forum:

When: Friday, April 21st, 2017 starting at 7:30AM

Where: Qorvo, 2300 NE Brookwood Pkwy, Hillsboro, OR 97124

Thanks in large part to recent advances in semiconductor technology, the world is on the verge of an unprecedented volume of information exchange that promises to reshape our future. From Smart Cars to Smart cities, to Artificial Intelligence and Beyond, the so called 4th industrial revolution will provide us with the means to create new methods of communication with unprecedented capability.

Please join us for the SEMI breakfast forum to hear our distinguished guest speakers explore both the technology breakthroughs required to realize this future and the potential changes that it portends. It is also a great event to network with leaders in the local community.

Agenda
[TABLE] style=”width: 500px”
|-
| 07:30 – 08:00
| Breakfast, Check In
|-
| 08:00 – 08:10
| Moderator Welcome
|-
| 08:10 – 08:45
| Keynote Speaker: Glen Riley, General Manager Filter Solutions Business Unit, Qorvo
|-
| 08:45 – 09:10
| Claire Troadec, Activity Leader for RF Devices and Technologies, Yole Développement
|-
| 09:10 – 09:35
| Rob Topol, General Manager, 5G Business and Technology, Intel Corporation
|-
| 09:35 – 10:00
| Networking Break
|-
| 10:00 – 10:15
| Startup Companies CEO Panel: Moderated by Jon Maroney, Partner, Oregon Angel Fund
|-
| 10:15 – 10:25
| Mounir Shita Entrepreneur, CEO & Founder, Kimera System
|-
| 10:25 – 10:35
| Eimar Boesjes, CEO, Moonshadow Mobile
|-
| 10:35 – 10:45
| Stephen A. Ridley, CEO/CTO, Founder,Senr.io
|-
| 10:45 – 11:30
| Startup Companies CEO Panel Discussion Moderated by Jon Maroney, Oregon Angel Fund, Kimera, Moonshadow and Senr.io
|-

Registration
Pricing by April 14th is $55 for SEMI members and $75 for non-members. Register online here.

Sponsors

Share this post via:

Comments

There are no comments yet.

You must register or log in to view/post comments.