[filter] => raw
    [cat_ID] => 58
    [category_count] => 24
    [category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => Defacto Technologies
    [category_nicename] => defacto-technologies
    [category_parent] => 157
)

Achieving Lower Power through RTL Design Restructuring (webinar)

Achieving Lower Power through RTL Design Restructuring (webinar)
by Daniel Payne on 10-18-2016 at 4:00 pm

From a consumer viewpoint I want the longest battery life from my electronic devices: iPad tablet, Galaxy Note 4 smart phone, Garmin Edge 820 bike computer, and Amazon Kindle book reader. In September I blogged about RTL Design Restructuring and how it could help achieve lower power, and this month I’m looking forward to learning even more about this topic at a webinar scheduled for October 26th at 10AM PDT.

As the number of CPUs, GPUs, and IPs is growing in today’s SoCs, power management is becoming a very complex task, especially during the exploration phase where design restructuring is used in order to find the most optimal low power architecture, to meet the design requirements for performance, die size and power consumption.

Given the complexity of today’s designs, a multitude of questions need to be answered : Why should a certain block be moved? Where should it be moved? Will there be an impact on timing closure or low power or both? How long would it take to update the design? Etc…

STAR – RTL Build and Signoff

With its RTL Build & RTL Signoff tools, Defacto Technologies‘ STAR platform is leading design automation towards press button design restructuring decisions. Now STAR is adding new capabilities to help reconcile RTL design restructuring and power Intent decisions. Instead of waiting until the design is updated to assess the impact on low power, a designer can now make the right design changes while fully complying with low power intent requirements. This is a significant improvement which is providing benefits in daily SoC design tasks.

With the STAR software tool you can perform six related functions:

STAR works with industry standard file formats, so it will easily fit into your existing design flow:

Register today for the webinar.

Related Blogs

Share this post via:

Comments

There are no comments yet.

You must register or log in to view/post comments.