[category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => FPGA
    [category_nicename] => fpga
    [category_parent] => 0
)

Bring Water to those in the World that need it

Bring Water to those in the World that need it
by Luke Miller on 08-03-2014 at 3:00 pm

Dear Reader, I need your help with something.

Invention is the Mother of necessity. When I bought the Miller Farm, it came with a very shallow well. What that meant is priming the pump, alot. Me being an engineer weighed the options. The wife, with 5 kids to bath, wash clothes, cook, etc.. was a bit overwhelmed. Of course the worst day was like 97 degrees and no water. It’s the simple things eh?

I realized that overall the well was capable of producing about a 0.25 Gallon per minute. I just needed a way of capturing that water and storing it in a tank to get one day ahead on water.

0.25 Gallons/Min x 24 hrs = 360 Gallons of water per day, Potentially.

This lead to the invention of the Well Doctor.

Here is a nice video to explain the Well Dr.

I used a flow sensor which feeds a CPLD/FPGA board and uses an Algorithm to sense flow and when the flow drops, prime is not lost. It adapts and constantly changes as the water table does. What is does, is it controls the pump via a relay, which control’s the ON/OFF time based on the success of the last run. Very simple but has been working great for years.

What I would like to do is get this technology to others in the world that do not have the luxury of water. If a hole can be dug and it has water, then this device will get you a day a head. So I am asking you if you can help me find the right channels to see if we can make this happen. I have written the water charity org’s etc.. and no avail? Perhaps a kick starter?

Share this post via:

Comments

0 Replies to “Bring Water to those in the World that need it”

You must register or log in to view/post comments.