[category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => Events
    [category_nicename] => events
    [category_parent] => 0
)

In Case You Missed #51DAC

In Case You Missed #51DAC
by Daniel Nenni on 07-02-2014 at 9:50 am

This will probably end up being the most memorable DAC for us since Paul and I signed hundreds of copies of our book “Fabless: The Transformation of the Semiconductor Industry”. I’m not sure how we are going to top that next year but I’m confident we will think of something. If you want to catch up on the live blogs from the last three conferences check the Design Automation Conference ( DAC ) Wiki.

It is interesting to see the DAC numbers over the last three years. If you have more DAC data that you would like included feel free to edit the wiki or post it in the comments section and Daniel Payne or I will add it. Comments on how to improve DAC would also be appreciated. It is important to document past conferences to make sure we prepare for the next one. In my experience most companies that fail usually fail at the future so let’s make sure that does not happen to our beloved DAC.

It is interesting to see the conference numbers over the last three years from the wiki:

Attendance:

• Full conference passes – 2,393
  • Exhibits-only passes – 1,650
  • Exhibitors booth staff – 2,658

Attendance:

• Full conference passes – 1,589
  • Exhibits-only passes – 2,364
  • Exhibitors booth staff – 1,998

Attendance:

• Conference attendees – 1901
  • Exhibits-only passes – 2783
  • Exhibitors booth staff – 2704

I had predicted a blow-out attendance this year and it did not happen!?!?!? Conference passes were up, which is great, but what happened to the exhibit only passes? Do we not love DAC anymore?

The DAC committee is also looking for your feedback. There is a new General Chair in town and she will be blogging once a week for the next 52 weeks to give you a behind the scenes look at how this conference gets ready for June 2015! This is a VERY brave thing to do! It is for the greater semiconductor good, so please support this effort.

Anne Cirkelis the General Chair for the 52nd DAC and a Senior Director for Technology Marketing at Mentor Graphics. Prior to joining Mentor Anne held marketing management positions at Analogy, Viewlogic, and Berner & Mattner. Anne holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration with an undergraduate in Metallurgy from RWTH Aachen, in Germany. She has been actively involved on the Executive Committees for DAC and DATE as well as the Program Committee for Embedded World.

Here is what Anne has thus far:

#52DAC will again be in beautiful San Francisco before returning to Austin in 2016. Let’s figure out how to make this coming DAC bigger and better. A $300B+ industry that is critical to modern life is depending on it, absolutely.
 The Design Automation Conference (DAC) is recognized as the premier conference for design and automation of electronic systems. DAC offers outstanding training, education, exhibits and superb networking opportunities for designers, researchers, tool developers and vendors. Members are from a diverse worldwide community of more than 1,000 organizations that attend each year, represented by system designers and architects, logic and circuit designers, validation engineers, CAD managers, senior managers and executives, and researchers and academicians from leading universities.

More Articles by Daniel Nenni…..

lang: en_US

Share this post via:

Comments

0 Replies to “In Case You Missed #51DAC”

You must register or log in to view/post comments.