[category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => ESD Alliance
    [category_nicename] => esd-alliance
    [category_parent] => 386
)

Intel is Speaking @ SEMICON West 2014!

Intel is Speaking @ SEMICON West 2014!
by Daniel Nenni on 07-03-2014 at 8:00 am

The SEMICON West website has a nice “speakers” option where you can search by company and see who is talking about what. I’m always interested in what Intel has to say (they are still the leading semiconductor company) so here is the line-up for next week:

Intel Sanchali Bhattacharjee Subcomponent Supply Chain for 10nm and Beyond

Intel Janice Golda Getting to 5nm Devices: Evolutionary Scaling to Disruptive Scaling and Beyond
Wednesday, July 9, 2014
9:00am-12:00pm
Moscone North, Hall E, Room 131

Driven by application and cost considerations, major IC manufacturers have made their transistor technology choices for 14nm (either FinFETs on bulk or SOI, or FDSOI. Beyond 14nm, even more choices will have to be made with respect to non-planar architectures, high-mobility materials, substrate materials, and process modules. Some experts are also looking at disruptive scaling technologies and alternatives to scaling (e.g., monolithic 3D). This session provides an overview of the transistor structures, materials, and process technologies that will need to be developed to get the industry down to 5n

According to LinkedIn: Janice Golda manages an organization responsible for creating strategies and working with Intel’s lithography pattering, metrology, mask, and process/product debug equipment suppliers and sub-suppliers to develop and deliver equipment and materials meeting Intel’s roadmap requirements for technology, affordability, and velocity. I will definitely attend this session. I do plan on being around for 5nm, absolutely.

Intel Tim Hendry Breakthrough High Volume Manufacturing Innovations: New Paradigms for the Road Ahead

Intel Sunit Rikhi SEMI/Gartner Market Symposium
Monday, July 7, 2014
1:00pm–5:30pm
San Francisco Marriott Marquis, Golden Gate A
The SEMI Market Symposium, co-sponsored by SEMI and Gartner, provides a midyear market update as well as a forum to discuss pertinent business issues. SEMI and Gartner will present market forecasts and analysis for the semiconductor, capital equipment and semiconductor materials industries.

We all should know Sunit. He is Vice President, Technology and Manufacturing Group; GM, Custom Foundry at Intel. In fact, Sunit has been at Intel for as long as I have been working in Silicon Valley. He started as EDA Software Manager in August 1984. Sunit and I have spoken before, he is a great guy and knows semiconductor design and manufacturing from the ground up:

• Software Engineering Manager, EDA
  • Engineering Manager, Mask Operation
  • Business Development Manager, Mobile Computing
  • Director, Logic Technology Automation
  • Vice President, Technology & Manufacturing Group; Director, Advanced Design
  • Vice President, Technology and Manufacturing Group, GM, Custom Foundry

If you do a search on LinkedIn for “Intel Custom Foundry” you can see the rest of his team, about 500 of them. The common denominator is their long careers at Intel.

Sunit will be speaking on:

“Intel Custom Foundry as a relatively new player in today’s Fabless ecosystem offering custom manufacturing services that include wafer manufacturing and beyond. The talk will highlight the challenges and opportunities of winning in a highly competitive environment, of being inside the world’s leading IDM, and of leading the innovation in design at the leading edge of Moore’s Law.”

No way I’m missing this one! Hopefully he has read our book “Fabless: The Transformation of the Semiconductor Industry”. Remember, to know where you are going you must know where you have been. I will bring a signed copy for Sunit, absolutely.

More Articles by Daniel Nenni…..

lang: en_US

Share this post via:

Comments

There are no comments yet.

You must register or log in to view/post comments.