[filter] => raw
    [cat_ID] => 10
    [category_count] => 83
    [category_description] => 
    [cat_name] => eSilicon
    [category_nicename] => esilicon
    [category_parent] => 386
)

Fabless Book Giveaway at #51DAC Reception!

Fabless Book Giveaway at #51DAC Reception!
by Daniel Nenni on 06-01-2014 at 5:30 am

eSilicon will be providing books for the first 300 people to attend the Tuesday night networking reception sponsored by SemiWiki. To avoid confusion they will be giving out BOOK COUPONS when you arrive to be redeemed when the event starts so grab a coupon, enjoy the food and drinks! I can assure you this will be the ultimate networking event so get there early and get a book. Paul McLellan and I will be available to sign books if you’d like.

We have no idea how many people will attend the reception so if you REALLY want a book you might want to visit the eSilicon booth #512 during exhibit hours and get one there. For more information on eSilicon booth activities click HERE. On Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday morning at 10:30am I will be there answering questions and signing books and it would be a pleasure to meet you so stop on by.

If you don’t know eSilicon this would be a great time to meet them. They are featured in our book for a reason, eSilicon transformed the ASIC business and will continue to do so, absolutely. Paul and I started writing about eSilicon after we finished the book in January. You may want to follow us on this because big things are coming, absolutely!

Quoting Automatically the eSilicon Way
by Paul McLellan
Published on 02-13-2014 12:31 PM
Every ASIC company has a major challenge: they have to work out what it is going to cost to build the customer’s product and commit to deliver it at that price. Too high and you lose the business. Too low and you will wish you’d lost the business. Historically this has been done largely manually. This is an expensive process. A typical ASIC project will be quoted by 2 or 3 potential companies which means that over half of the quotes done do not result in business and are an overhead.

Getting an MPW Quote on My iPhone
by Paul McLellan
Published on 02-25-2014 10:00 AM
As I blogged about recently, eSilicon have completely automated the quote process for their MPW shuttle service. You can use an online interface that runs in the browser but there is also an app that you can download from the App Store.

eSilicon on Semiconductor IP Challenges
by Daniel Nenni
Published on 03-31-2014 10:00 AM
On April 18, 2014 in Monterey California there will be a series of discussions on the challenges of IP reuse. These discussions are part of the 2014 Electronic Design Process Symposium (EDPS). Representatives from IP, ASIC, foundry and EDA will weigh in the challenges and issues. Here is a preview of one of the presentations from Patrick Soheili, VP & GM of IP Solutions at eSilicon.

IP the eSilicon Way
by Paul McLellan
Published on 04-22-2014 07:51 PM
Pop quiz: eSilicon has a big IP development group in what Asian country? If you didn’t know and you guessed, you probably got it wrong with China or India. It is Vietnam. In fact they have two sites. One in Ho Chi Minh City (that used to be called Saigon) and one in Da Nang.

The Number One ASIC Racing Team!
by Daniel Nenni
Published on 05-04-2014 07:45 AM
This weekend I was in the pits for the Flying Lizard Motorsports team at the Monterey Grand Prix. It was an auction item (donated by eSilicon) at EDA’s 50[SUP]th[/SUP] Anniversary party last year, and let me tell you it was an amazing experience and a very interesting story, absolutely. But first let me tell you that if you get a “Hot Lap” ride around a racetrack and the driver asks you how fast you want to go just tell him “no limit” and hold on for your life!

eSilicon @ #51 DAC – Why is a Chip Company at DAC?
by Daniel Nenni
Published on 05-16-2014 04:00 AM
eSilicon is a fabless chip company that is credited with starting the fabless ASIC movement. You can read more about them in the ASIC chapter of SemiWiki’s new book on the fabless semiconductor industry. But why would a fabless ASIC company come to DAC?

The Silicon ATM
by Paul McLellan
Published on 05-26-2014 02:52 PM
One of the things that eSilicon does is handle all the backend operations for the designs that they do. eSilicon is a fabless ASIC company and so the most visible part of the business is the design (not to mention IP which is a critical input into design these days). But another key part is arranging with foundries like TSMC to get the wafers manufactured, then a test and packaging house which may be in another country, and finally delivering the designs to wherever they are going to be used.

eSilicon, a leading independent semiconductor design and manufacturing solutions provider, delivers custom ICs and custom IP to OEMs, independent device manufacturers (IDMs), fabless semiconductor companies (FSCs) and wafer foundries through a fast, flexible, lower-risk path to volume production. eSilicon serves a wide variety of markets including the communications, computer, consumer, industrial products and medical segments.

More Articles by Daniel Nenni…..

lang: en_US

Share this post via:

Comments

There are no comments yet.

You must register or log in to view/post comments.